Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got deactivated this morning due to a high cancelation percentage of 27%. Most of the cancelations weren't even my fault due to pax not showing up. I have a week left to return the car. Looks like I'll be driving my private clients for the week. Uber Out!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
So I got deactivated this morning due to a high cancelation percentage of 27%. Most of the cancelations weren't even my fault due to pax not showing up. I have a week left to return the car. Looks like I'll be driving my private clients for the week. Uber Out!
They will fix this, but only if you go into a local Uber driver service center, assuming you care at this point...

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
You're not gonna miss out on much. I do like 1 ride at most for Uber every week and I'm doing pretty good.

·
Premium Member
10,430 Posts
There are many other apps that you can drive for out there. This business didn't start and will not end with Fuber

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Drive yellow. I heard they are killing it!
I know of 10 yellow cab drivers, including my dad, who are clearly NOT killing it. They say that they are barely making $100 net per day shift.

Maybe nightshift are having better luck, or maybe those guys killing are renting the cab for better hours (i.e 8am - 8pm)

My accountant also does taxes to a great deal of yellow cab drivers and he told me he noticed a decline in income from years past.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I know of 10 yellow cab drivers, including my dad, who are clearly NOT killing it. They say that they are barely making $100 net per day shift.

Maybe nightshift are having better luck, or maybe those guys killing are renting the cab for better hours (i.e 8am - 8pm)

My accountant also does taxes to a great deal of yellow cab drivers and he told me he noticed a decline in income from years past.
really? Tell your dad to come here and read all the yellows telling us they are killing it.

·
Banned
2,126 Posts
The only ones making a killing are the TLC, the DMV the Taxi insurance companies and the state and city with summonses.

·
Registered
954 Posts
A new trend among Uber pax. If you accept a request more then 4 min away, there's a 50% chance of pax cancellation while you are in the way. The thinking is, why wait 5min when there could be another Uber down the block less then a min. Anways, when this Uber door closes, it's a blessing in disguise!

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts

I lease out my medallion thru a third party. The guy using my medallion is booking about 15% less then 2 years ago. He is paying less on the lease, so I assume his net earnings have not suffered as much. He is also driving less miles, this is probably due to increased traffic, not less hours behind the wheel. Hopefully a fare increase for yellow will give us all some well needed breathing room.

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
I lease out my medallion thru a third party. The guy using my medallion is booking about 15% less then 2 years ago. He is paying less on the lease, so I assume his net earnings have not suffered as much. He is also driving less miles, this is probably due to increased traffic, not less hours behind the wheel. Hopefully a fare increase for yellow will give us all some well needed breathing room.
My uncle sold his medallion at 700k.....2W36

2 years later it shot up to a million...my uncle happen to see the guy and told him to sell it, quick 200k profit, the guy refused.

I saw the guy like a week ago, dude looks stressed

Imagine paying a 700k 15 year mortgage.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hey, do "passenger cancellations" count in the Cancellation percentage? I just checked my cancellation percentage... it's 7%. I cancelled somebody wish a 4.01 rating today and a lady who was obviously too stupid to know the difference between NorthEast and where ever she was at..... she called and aggressively barked "WHERE ARE YOU ? !! I'm here waiting for you so how much longer are you going to be?" CANCELLED. STOP NEW REQUESTS. PEACEFUL JOURNEY.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've only been driving for 2 months. I was reactivated this afternoon and was told this is a final warning. Side note, I saw two clueless guys asking about renting a car to do uber eats. At least the rep told them that makes no sense to do. I just couldn't believe people would consider that.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I've only been driving for 2 months. I was reactivated this afternoon and was told this is a final warning. Side note, I saw two clueless guys asking about renting a car to do uber eats. At least the rep told them that makes no sense to do. I just couldn't believe people would consider that.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! Just basically drive everybody you can bro. I'll send a message to your inbox with a tip. Yeah, because I'm thinking those people don't make much per delivery... maybe a couple of dollars.

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
U have to be extremely patient with these pax when waiting for them to show up... unfortunately they have the power to screw u with the push of a button. The rating system Uber has is totally unfair to the driver.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
U have to be extremely patient with these pax when waiting for them to show up... unfortunately they have the power to screw u with the push of a button. The rating system Uber has is totally unfair to the driver.
Unfair and Unnecessary. Who really needs to rate a driver at all anyway? By the way, is there VIP status for drivers or is that only for pax ?

And, what are the qualifications for VIP status?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.