Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scratching my head and can't pinpoint who would have flagged me for friendliness. how many flags are you allowed to get before you are deactivated? These ratings feel very much like social media. You know how people hit the dislike button on youtube. I don't know who it was. Maybe it was this Lyftline ride I took from the airport. When there's a lot of people in the car, I tend to let everybody be.

But then again, maybe it was another ride. It had to be the airport ride. Because I got 2 bad ratings and my rating decreased that particular day. So I'm guessing that both groups rated me a less than 5. I can go on and on about it but whatever.

I got flagged for friendliness, lol. I feel like there's certain people that might flag me if I talk too much. But then there's certain types of people that will flag me if I don't talk enough. But if they aren't talking, how am I supposed to sense that they want to talk or what they want? Water not good enough? Opening the trunk not enough?

·
Premium Member
63,041 Posts
I'm scratching my head and can't pinpoint who would have flagged me for friendliness. how many flags are you allowed to get before you are deactivated? These ratings feel very much like social media. You know how people hit the dislike button on youtube. I don't know who it was. Maybe it was this Lyftline ride I took from the airport. When there's a lot of people in the car, I tend to let everybody be.

But then again, maybe it was another ride. It had to be the airport ride. Because I got 2 bad ratings and my rating decreased that particular day. So I'm guessing that both groups rated me a less than 5. I can go on and on about it but whatever.

I got flagged for friendliness, lol. I feel like there's certain people that might flag me if I talk too much. But then there's certain types of people that will flag me if I don't talk enough. But if they aren't talking, how am I supposed to sense that they want to talk or what they want? Water not good enough? Opening the trunk not enough?
Uber passengers are snakes

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You really should try to smile more. Especially when you're talking them into trying your free chocolates.
Well the thing is I have an underbite jaw and it's hard for me to smile properly.

Uber ratings are discriminatory. You are being judged and you are being punished for looking, talking and being. One day they will be sued for it.
Well this was for Lyft. But yea Uber I just got a flag as well. I don't understand. I went months without getting any issues reported. Where did all these people come from? I feel like people just like to judge, for them it's like taking a survey and helping the company with anything they can nitpick.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Well I mean I TRY to smile. But these same people rating me low are not smiling. I'm confused. God Damn.
Dont listed to these guys. Not sure if the other posters are being sarcastic or not. Working for uber is hopefully going to be the lowest time of your life. Invest in your self because uber wants you to be miserable forever

It really depends where you drive and who you drive. If your passengers are dumb and ignorant (usually go together but not always) then your driving experience will be less than stellar. I live in and mostly drive afluent types so i dont have much to complain about. I started with uber x and pool not knowing what i got myself into. After a few weeks of that i said no more. Having a divider between you and the pax may make this more tolerable but we dont

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Ignore em.... I used to get hundreds of those until....idk until what. Actually.

Either pax got tired of mucking about with this "feature", or I exchanged 1-3* ratings with the vast majority of flagged in the areas I frequent and no longer get pinged by these clowns

Or maybe Lyft purged em for trying to scam ride credits....

PS
Allowed: LITERALLY HUNDREDS

Allowed per week: idk, but MORE than 20 total and MORE than 6-7 per category

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Don't even worry about it because it's gonna happen from time to time. Eventually everyone gets a jerk that just wants to ruin your day with a low rating and flag. Good thing is if they rated you low enough, 3* or less, you and that rider will never be matched up again. I got one on Lyft one week, jerk passenger flagged me on all four categories Friendliness, Cleanliness, Navigation and Safety, I hope he had a nice day. LOL!!!

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Maybe your chocolate were melted and it made someone mad... :/

Look, if you give 20 rides per day, that is 20 unique personalities. 20×5=100. Your are bound to run into someone that just doesn't like you or is overly sensitive/critical or just is a jerk.

Maybe they misread your facial expression, mistook a deep breath as a sigh of disgust ... who knows. I have 8, 1☆s in my ladt 500 and 3 2s. I honestly can only think of 3 that I'm sure gave me a 1. No clue why the others.

It's easy to "punish the driver" 2 hours after the fact, from knowing they don't have to confront or explain themselves.

As long as you are receiving these flags seldom, you are fine.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe your chocolate were melted and it made someone mad... :/

Look, if you give 20 rides per day, that is 20 unique personalities. 20×5=100. Your are bound to run into someone that just doesn't like you or is overly sensitive/critical or just is a jerk.

Maybe they misread your facial expression, mistook a deep breath as a sigh of disgust ... who knows. I have 8, 1☆s in my ladt 500 and 3 2s. I honestly can only think of 3 that I'm sure gave me a 1. No clue why the others.

It's easy to "punish the driver" 2 hours after the fact, from knowing they don't have to confront or explain themselves.

As long as you are receiving these flags seldom, you are fine.
Just very odd to me how they wouldn't say it to my face, but would rate me bad on paper. If they had a real problem, why wouldn't they tell me? I try to be as friendly as possible. Sure, some might misread my facial expression, but believe me I try to not look rude at all. I mean sometimes when you are doing a Lyft Line, not everyone is talking to each other, and I feel like that can affect my rating. But they are the one that ordered a lyne, which I believe should be abolished.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I got a flag for cleanliness on Uber. I just had it detailed. NO WAY it was dirty. I wonder if somehow, people are backwards thinking and thought it was a compliment rather than a complaint...

As for friendliness, it's important to judge the passenger's mood and be similar. If they're talkative, agree with everything they say. If they aren't, put on some light music, appreciate them for summoning you, and thank them for riding with you when they leave. If they are listening to their own music, offer to Aux it in, or, if not, turn your own music down a bit. Same if they are on the phone. Only interrupt for important things with an "excuse me". Finally, never EVER comment on conversations they are having amongst themselves. If you have a group of people, unless they invite you into their convo, you're a robot with a foot, two pedals and a steering wheel - until you arrive, then you are their best friend, and thank them.

If your underbite makes it hard to smile, try to over compensate with pleasant words.

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Don't worry about it. I got a flag for friendliness yet greet every passenger with a "hi [insert pax name here]" and a smile. In fact, if I smiled any harder I'd look like Jack Nicholson in "The Shinning" when he said "heeeeere's JOHNNY!"

Sometimes people complain even when there's nothing to complain about.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Uber ratings are discriminatory. You are being judged and you are being punished for looking, talking and being. One day they will be sued for it.
No joke, a black driver in my town is like 4.5. He is a great driver. Ratings hurt him badly.

I got a flag for cleanliness on Uber. I just had it detailed. NO WAY it was dirty. I wonder if somehow, people are backwards thinking and thought it was a compliment rather than a complaint...

As for friendliness, it's important to judge the passenger's mood and be similar. If they're talkative, agree with everything they say. If they aren't, put on some light music, appreciate them for summoning you, and thank them for riding with you when they leave. If they are listening to their own music, offer to Aux it in, or, if not, turn your own music down a bit. Same if they are on the phone. Only interrupt for important things with an "excuse me". Finally, never EVER comment on conversations they are having amongst themselves. If you have a group of people, unless they invite you into their convo, you're a robot with a foot, two pedals and a steering wheel - until you arrive, then you are their best friend, and thank them.

If your underbite makes it hard to smile, try to over compensate with pleasant words.
I think these pax are scammers and are hoping that they will get a refund if they complain about the ride. You know how it is, my ride was dirty or not friendly or not whatever so give me my money back or I'll never ride again!

Ignore em.... I used to get hundreds of those until....idk until what. Actually.

Either pax got tired of mucking about with this "feature", or I exchanged 1-3* ratings with the vast majority of flagged in the areas I frequent and no longer get pinged by these clowns

Or maybe Lyft purged em for trying to scam ride credits....

PS
Allowed: LITERALLY HUNDREDS

Allowed per week: idk, but MORE than 20 total and MORE than 6-7 per category
I had to give my first 3 or lower on lyft this weekend after my first 100 rides. The mismatched for future rides works? Ahole gave me a 1* for forcing her to split her huge group she tried to bring in my car. And then her friend was rude and cussed the entire time. I gave a 2* and long explanation. I hope I never see them again. Lesson learned, I will cancel if I get bad vides before the ride starts. No need for the abuse or low ratings. There were tons of others requesting rides, I need to not be such a pushover or desperate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts