Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like to know if anyone has use Google offline map while driving fuber and lyft. how is it

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
It works well, but make sure you have it set for a wide enough area. It's rare I get outside of the area I have set, because it's for most of LA/OC counties, but when I do, there is a bit of a delay when it switches over.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
When you go into the offline map settings, there's something like a crop box. You expand it out to the area you want saved for offline. It will take a while to download, and needs to be updated regularly (you will get notifications) but yes, it does work.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you go into the offline map settings, there's something like a crop box. You expand it out to the area you want saved for offline. It will take a while to download, and needs to be updated regularly (you will get notifications) but yes, it does work.
thank you so i typed in los angeles ca and downloaded the map. i assume it will download streets that is near city of los angeles not LOS ANGELES COUNTY

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Hard to say. Like I said, I used a custom offline map, which I used to cover most of LA/OC counties.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
thank you so i typed in los angeles ca and downloaded the map. i assume it will download streets that is near city of los angeles not LOS ANGELES COUNTY
Android? If i remember correctly you box the area you want to download. You'll need to down load an app to block maps from accessing data too.

I use Netguard. Then got to settings>advanced >manage system applications > then block maps from accessing mobile data. Just leave it running all the time. Sometimes if i start navigation while on wifi it will connect to data when i leave wifi area. Just close out maps and start it again once away from wifi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts