Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Waze, if doing a Lyft Line, the map will automatically re-route you to pick up passengers as they get added to the queue. However I have heard with Google Maps this does not happen..

What happens with Google Maps? Does it have you complete one passenger, then pickup the second and drop them off, then pick up the third and drop them off, etc.? In this case there would really never be two people in the car at the same time.

Can anyone explain Maps vs Waze on Line?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ive wondered the same thing. I never take Pool or Line but always wondered how GPS deals with all of the changes in destination coming from the Lyft or Uber apps.

At least Waze sounds smart about it. Hopefully someone has your answer!

·
Registered
433 Posts
So with Waze, if doing a Lyft Line, the map will automatically re-route you to pick up passengers as they get added to the queue. However I have heard with Google Maps this does not happen..

What happens with Google Maps? Does it have you complete one passenger, then pickup the second and drop them off, then pick up the third and drop them off, etc.? In this case there would really never be two people in the car at the same time.

Can anyone explain Maps vs Waze on Line?
With google maps, If you start a trip with one passenger, you will only have one passenger, you won't be interrupted in the middle of the route. If you have 2 before you pick up pax #1, you may get a third added on, but it won't interrupt the route, it will just wait until you arrive to pick up pax #2. Basically, once you start a route, you won't have any interruptions in the middle to reroute like Waze. I am not sure about if you are using the Lyft version, I only use the real google maps and I also have push notifications for the Lyft driver app turned off.

·
Registered
634 Posts
With google maps, If you start a trip with one passenger, you will only have one passenger, you won't be interrupted in the middle of the route. If you have 2 before you pick up pax #1, you may get a third added on, but it won't interrupt the route, it will just wait until you arrive to pick up pax #2. Basically, once you start a route, you won't have any interruptions in the middle to reroute like Waze. I am not sure about if you are using the Lyft version, I only use the real google maps and I also have push notifications for the Lyft driver app turned off.
If you get a second pax added while using google maps it will alert you. You need to switch back to Lyft driver acknowledge a route change then back to google maps where the new route will be. It's just like if the pax changes their destination or adds a stop, you have to exit google maps to Luft driver where a notification pops up about a route change. Also no idea about Waze or the imbedded version of google maps because Ionky use the original google maps.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you get a second pax added while using google maps it will alert you. You need to switch back to Lyft driver acknowledge a route change then back to google maps where the new route will be. It's just like if the pax changes their destination or adds a stop, you have to exit google maps to Luft driver where a notification pops up about a route change. Also no idea about Waze or the imbedded version of google maps because Ionky use the original google maps.
In over 10,000 rides, I have never had to do that...I am not sure what setting you have that is different from mine that causes that to happen to you. Maybe it is the push notifications setting, but I have never EVER had a second pax added on after I have started a trip with one pax.

.....actually, that is not true. When the Lyft driver app first came out, it did that to me on the first trip, which was why I IMMEDIATELY turned off push notifications and it hasn't happened since. I also only use the original google maps also. I ain't trying to be rerouted left and right, that is just annoying..

·
Registered
634 Posts
In over 10,000 rides, I have never had to do that...I am not sure what setting you have that is different from mine that causes that to happen to you. Maybe it is the push notifications setting, but I have never EVER had a second pax added on after I have started a trip with one pax.

.....actually, that is not true. When the Lyft driver app first came out, it did that to me on the first trip, which was why I IMMEDIATELY turned off push notifications and it hasn't happened since. I also only use the original google maps also. I ain't trying to be rerouted left and right, that is just annoying..
I gave up doing Lyft line rides 6 months ago and that was how it was running then. Still though when running google maps if the pax changes the destination or adds a stop a notification from driver app pops up you select it it switches to driver app you agree to the change then back to maps to change route.
Do you ever do Line rides, if so how do you pick up 2nd pax if you don't know where they are?

·
Banned
765 Posts

You're an idiot

·
Registered
433 Posts
I gave up doing Lyft line rides 6 months ago and that was how it was running then. Still though when running google maps if the pax changes the destination or adds a stop a notification from driver app pops up you select it it switches to driver app you agree to the change then back to maps to change route.
Do you ever do Line rides, if so how do you pick up 2nd pax if you don't know where they are?
Lol I usually don't get 2nd pax. If I do, they are in the route already before I got to the first pick up location and it just directs me there after I pick up pax #1. I do lines that are real close to me so they have less time to add on additional pax. I get notifications about pick up changes, that doesn't seem to be affected by having notifications turned off, but if I don't make it to pax #1 in time, I get a "ding....new Lyft line added" but I don't acknowledge it until I get to the pick up location.

I don't blame you for giving up on lines, as they can be a real pain in the a$$ sometimes lol, but turning off notifications and not being constantly rerouted helps a lot.

You're an idiot
There is absolutely nothing idiotic about what I said, if you think that, you don't understand what I mean. I am sorry life is that bad for you that you feel the need to belittle and put me down for trying to help other drivers here have an easier time with line routes.

·
Registered
542 Posts
. Maybe it is the push notifications setting, but I have never EVER had a second pax added on after I have started a trip with one pax.
happens to me all the time. You have to switch out of google maps and get the new route to get the 2nd or 3rd passenger. Very annoying.

·
Banned
765 Posts
Lol I usually don't get 2nd pax. If I do, they are in the route already before I got to the first pick up location and it just directs me there after I pick up pax #1. I do lines that are real close to me so they have less time to add on additional pax. I get notifications about pick up changes, that doesn't seem to be affected by having notifications turned off, but if I don't make it to pax #1 in time, I get a "ding....new Lyft line added" but I don't acknowledge it until I get to the pick up location.

I don't blame you for giving up on lines, as they can be a real pain in the a$$ sometimes lol, but turning off notifications and not being constantly rerouted helps a lot.

There is absolutely nothing idiotic about what I said, if you think that, you don't understand what I mean. I am sorry life is that bad for you that you feel the need to belittle and put me down for trying to help other drivers here have an easier time with line routes.
Life is fine, and this further reaffirms my belief, you are an idiot.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Life is fine, and this further reaffirms my belief, you are an idiot.
I feel sorry for you dude...I ain't about your negativity. Your insecurity as a person is very obvious.

happens to me all the time. You have to switch out of google maps and get the new route to get the 2nd or 3rd passenger. Very annoying.
I am just sharing what works for me, I am not sure about other drivers experiences

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Waze gets the most customer complaints.
Many PAX have been burned by the driver selecting the longest route when presented the option.

I have had several PAX request that I do not use Waze.
I use it for personal driving because I like the traffic alerts, but for Goober I use Goober maps or Google maps.

·
Banned
765 Posts
I feel sorry for you dude...I ain't about your negativity. Your insecurity as a person is very obvious.

I am just sharing what works for me, I am not sure about other drivers experiences
I feel sorry for anyone listening to you ramble on senselessly. You initially stated something factually incorrect and have since just been overcomplicating it for anyone you are trying to 'help.'

Hopefully for their sake, they have recognized you as an idiot and kept it moving.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I feel sorry for anyone listening to you ramble on senselessly. You initially stated something factually incorrect and have since just been overcomplicating it for anyone you are trying to 'help.'

Hopefully for their sake, they have recognized you as an idiot and kept it moving.
I have used this system flawlessly for almost 3 years in the most active rideshare territory there is, just because you just can't grasp the concept, does not make it incorrect. I know what I am saying is true because I use it everyday and I have also made the mistake of using Waze once in a line and immediately saw the difference.

But you win, you are obviously superior to me in every way. Just move on now...

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I have only been doing this since Feb, so I believe I'm missing something here. I use the Lyft in-app GPS (powered by Google) which redirects you automatically. Of the line requests I take, I'd estimate 90% end up a one rider trip anyway.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have only been doing this since Feb, so I believe I'm missing something here. I use the Lyft in-app GPS (powered by Google) which redirects you automatically. Of the line requests I take, I'd estimate 90% end up a one rider trip anyway.
You can't use the in-app version of google maps, you have to use the stand alone google maps app version, then make sure that notifications are turned of in the Lyft driver and google maps app in your phones settings. It is actually very simple....

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
You can't use the in-app version of google maps, you have to use the stand alone google maps app version, then make sure that notifications are turned of in the Lyft driver and google maps app in your phones settings. It is actually very simple....
I must be really dense......is this to avoid additional pax?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.