Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And....when I stop the car to inform the pax that the directions are illogical she accuses me of being unsafe by stopping in the middle of the road. She says: "O my god, you are stopping in the middle of the road." So I pull over and tell her to leave the car. She gets out and says: "O my god. Are you serous? This is so messed up."

I gave her a 1 star and immediately notified uber of the google maps navigation issue.

I received a fare adjustment email from uber, but no drop in ratings. Maybe uber excluded her 1 star. Don't know.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Uber app gives waze and google maps coordinates, not street adresses. So for locations over tunnels, this can happen. It happens for the prudential a lot. It's also why Newbury and beacon destinations sometimes direct you to back alley. If the pin is dropped in the middle of the building, and the center of the building is closer to the street behind it, gps thinks that's the way to go.

Moral of the story: always check the ending of the route before starting the trip to prevent this.

·
Registered
664 Posts
And....when I stop the car to inform the pax that the directions are illogical she accuses me of being unsafe by stopping in the middle of the road. She says: "O my god, you are stopping in the middle of the road." So I pull over and tell her to leave the car. She gets out and says: "O my god. Are you serous? This is so messed up."

I gave her a 1 star and immediately notified uber of the google maps navigation issue.

I received a fare adjustment email from uber, but no drop in ratings. Maybe uber excluded her 1 star. Don't know.
Did you really just stop tbe car in the middle of i93? And then kicked pax out in the tunnel??

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You dropped someone off in the Tip O'Neill Tunnel?

GPS is just a tool to help, the address in Uber is the actual destination.

It would be funny if it said 'Destination: Exit 23 Govt Center'

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
That is so unsafe. You don't just deserve a 1 star for dropping someone off in a tunnel you deserve to get kicked off the app. Do you guys just rely on directions or do you acutally have brains? Follow the signs for south station if you're confused.

Just type in south station manually into the GPS next time, don't click through on the app.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You dropped someone off in the Tip O'Neill Tunnel?

GPS is just a tool to help, the address in Uber is the actual destination.

It would be funny if it said 'Destination: Exit 23 Govt Center'
Nowhere in my post did I say I dropped someone off in a tunnel.

That is so unsafe. You don't just deserve a 1 star for dropping someone off in a tunnel you deserve to get kicked off the app. Do you guys just rely on directions or do you acutally have brains? Follow the signs for south station if you're confused.

Just type in south station manually into the GPS next time, don't click through on the app.
Nowhere in my post did I say I dropped someone off in a tunnel.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Still you shouldn't stop in the middle of the road. It's your job to figure out how to get the pax to their destination, if you failed at that quest you should get a bad raiting from the pax. South station is not hard to find if you have a basic knowledge of boston streets.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Give me your number. The next time it happens I will call you and you can take the pax other destination.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/gps-to-south-station-is-wacky.140719/

Read this...
Learn your roads, stop blindly following gps directions. You deserve a low score of you didn't realize the gps was sending you into a MAJOR tunnel for a drop off.
Give me your number. The next time it happens I will call you and you can take the pax other destination.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
Unless you've been doing this awhile and have certain routes/destinations/dropoffs memorized from experience, you should always review the whole route on the GPS before starting to move the car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What? Other destination?
You confirm the dropoff location when you pick a PAX up, correct? Then you should know generally where you're going, and prepare for an exit out of a MAJOR tunnel (where gps doesn't work) to get them to the, above mentioned, destination.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts