Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am relatively new to both apps. I have worked for Uber a little over 3 months and Lyft just a bit over 2 months. Initially I joined Lyft due to connectivity issues with Uber. I actually have to get off of WiFi to be on uber for it to work properly most of the time. I get constant errors (any help with this appreciated)

So I joined Lyft and never have problems with the app. At first I was blazing through rides and I was actually making more money. Then suddenly the rides slowed down. Like major. I would just be sitting for 20 minutes for a ping. So I got back on Uber and of course with Uber in LA you never wait basically.

The two final nails in Lyft's coffin were the change in rates and the fact that the airport queue is too dang slow. I start everyday at the airport. It is a stone's throw from my house. Lyft tends to have longer rides but I cannot justify waiting 40 minutes when I can get through the Uber queue in 5 minutes.

After 600 plus rides for Uber and only 230 for Lyft I have to say goodbye to Lyft. I'm taking my decals down this morning. I feel a bit sad. They were supposed to be the good guys.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, Lyft has great customer service 99% of the time too. They really tried to stay the course. Now they are scrambling to copy Uber. I feel like it is too late.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
They will continue to exist on the fringe, mostly because Anti-Trust regulations would prevent a merger, but yea. Unless Uber fubers it all up in a really big way, they're going to continue to be the ONLY major player in the US rideshare game.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
They will continue to exist on the fringe, mostly because Anti-Trust regulations would prevent a merger, but yea. Unless Uber fubers it all up in a really big way, they're going to continue to be the ONLY major player in the US rideshare game.
Why would anti - trust prevent a merger? They're not a publicly traded company yet. Still private and relying on private funding and investors.

Notice how Taxi's don't get split up and had a monopoly on pricing? FCC couldn't do anything because it's not a publicly traded company. hence why uber wants Lyft out of business. If Anti Trust laws wanted to avoid having Uber create a monopoly, pretty sure Uncle Sam would've invested in lyft already.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Not exactly true. The big player in China is Didi. A Chinese company that has been around for a while. They have a 70-90% market share there. http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/17/technology/didi-chuxing-china-profiles/

Didi is not Lyft. They've invested in Lyft and were working with them to try to put a dent in Uber's US marketshare, but like Uber's attempts in China, Didi has been thus far unsuccessful in knocking down Uber here.

https://techcrunch.com/2015/09/16/u...t-form-international-ridesharing-partnership/

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Yup. I do Uber exclusively. With the $ I make as a Platinum driver, there is no need to do Lyft. I've found that most people that do both started doing Lyft, and went to Uber because of the lack of Lyft volume. Welcome to the dark side. ;)
And this is exactly what Uber was counting on. Keeping drivers off of Lyft with the medals.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I started with both and I was actually driving more for Lyft than Uber since I like it much better the kind of Pax you get in Lyft ( more my kind of people) that was until one day another driver (client of mine) told me to try the hour guaranteed that Uber was sending me every week, I never try it because I did not trust much that Uber would actually pay me after a week of work, but I did follow his advice and next week once Uber was done calculating the Incentives and I saw the final amount for my pay....well that changed everything :D I still drive sometime for Lyft, if I take a week off and next week I have no promotions with Uber I do some driving for Lyft, just do the rides I need for next week promotions with Uber and give some business to Lyft.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I started with Uber, and was finally convinced by family to join Lyft, it was okay because it was only part time and the onboard incentive was cool, but now the .25% combined with Line trips being the majority of request has soured my Lyft driving. So it's Uber Select only till the next big holiday

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Watching Lyft getting pummeled by Uber is like watching an underdog fighter getting beat to death in the ring. You are just wishing for the ref to step in and put an end to the defeat. Otherwise, this is just plain sad and pathetic. GIVE UP LYFT YOU LOST.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts