Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flights from Wuhan China, ground zero of the new corona virus, are still being allowed to land in 5 US cities, even though the people they carry could be infected with the deadly virus and pass it to others for up to two weeks before they develop symptoms.

That means the airport screening methods used in these cities won't catch these "asymptomatic" carriers of the virus, who can spread it to a lot of people in the US before they realize they're sick.

Uber drivers in those 5 cities (Los Angelos, San Francisco, NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta) are the ones most at risk of getting the virus.

Concerned drivers living in those cities should organize airport boycotts until flights from Wuhan are suspended. It won't take much of a boycott to get local media attention.

Good organizers can get traction on this. Check out the Los Angelos forum

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
Flights from Wuhan China, ground zero of the new corona virus, are still being allowed to land in 5 US cities, even though the people they carry could be infected with the deadly virus and pass it to others for up to two weeks before they develop symptoms.

That means the airport screening methods used in these cities won't catch these "asymptomatic" carriers of the virus, who can spread it to a lot of people in the US before they realize they're sick.

Uber drivers in those 5 cities (Los Angelos, San Francisco, NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta) are the ones most at risk of getting the virus.

Concerned drivers living in those cities should organize airport boycotts until flights from Wuhan are suspended. It won't take much of a boycott to get local media attention.

Maybe they WANT to kill off 90% of the Population . . . .

By landing in " Hub" cities
The Virus can rapidly and profusely saturate the nation.

Look at the map.

This is how the " Plague" will go down . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
The transmission rate means this baby will be global period.

You are better off getting sick early

Death rates are flu like so most at risk very young and very old...transmission rate is way high and no natural immunity

You will not escape exposure in a major city period.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
The transmission rate means this baby will be global period.

You are better off getting sick early

Death rates are flu like so most at risk very young and very old...transmission rate is way high and no natural immunity

You will not escape exposure in a major city period.
This Disease brought to you by" Bread & Circuses Globalist Productions".

·
Registered
15,929 Posts

My SO works with a Chinese guy (pizza delivery, not the same place I work at part time). The guy told him to stay away from Chinese people and not go to the Asian grocery stores (we often do).

He thought it hilarious that a Chinese guy was telling him avoid Chinese people.

I work in a research lab. My lab and all the ones around me are 70-90% Chinese (until recently I was the only non Chinese person in a lab of 8 people). There's always someone just back from their annual month long trip home.

I'm ****ed.

If in 4 years (money was ok pre that) we can't organize boycotts to get paid more do you really think there's any chance of a boycott for ANY reason?

I can see drivers canceling at the airport for Chinese names, but they won't even do that more than once because they'll lose their spot in line.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If in 4 years (money was ok pre that) we can't organize boycotts to get paid more do you really think there's any chance of a boycott for ANY reason?
Once the public learns what's happening, almost everyone living in those cities would want to get those Wuhan planes stopped. It's only common sense, but it likely hasn't been done because of international politics and big-time financial concerns.

The local news reporters probably already want the planes stopped, but the stations can't instigate a "panic" on their own. They need a spark. They need to report on something in their city that's drawing attention to the danger.

it's surprisingly easy to get local news coverage on a story of local concern. We don't need a full-blown "boycott" per say, all we need is something that looks enough like a boycott to give them something to report about.

Threads could be started on UP for all the drivers who say they've stopped going to those airports. Tell the local media about it and arrange for some guys with signs to get interviewed by the local media.

A lot of people in CA have been talking about organizing protests for a long time. Now they've got a chance to do something.

LAX at Los Angelos is ground zero. There's 2 confirmed cases there already. Check out their forum (linked in top post). They are beginning to freak and those drivers need someone to stand up for them.

If the CA rideshare drivers are too helpless to do anything more than whine and scratch their bellies, I sure hope the paid taxi lobbyists step up to the plate,

·
Banned
7,360 Posts

Sadly, there are too many scab drivers who think that they're immune to getting this virus and will just undercut any effort to boycott.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
I have heard rumors that the Chinese gov't started this thing on purpose as a 'false flag' attack. If they loose a million people it would actually help their economy. If the US loses that many - we in trouble.

·
Registered
35 Posts
4 local colleges , I'm daily transporting Chinese students.. I need a hug... come on guys gather round and give me a big ol group hug for support :biggrin:
Virtual hugs only. BTW what's up with the large Chinese student population? Here too in the Midwest. Our government does not make sense. They invite any nation to train and work here but later sound alarms about them stealing U.S. technology.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Virtual hugs only. BTW what's up with the large Chinese student population? Here too in the Midwest. Our government does not make sense. They invite any nation to train and work here but later sound alarms about them stealing U.S. technology.
It's because acting logically is not 'woke'.
And, feelings are more important than anything else.

Sheesh. Where you been?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.