Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
10,363 Posts
There's a 6 sided fare calculation tool used to generate dynamic pricing.

I mean this is my guess.

Anyone who has a better idea feel free to make your guess.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Im in a different market, but last night i did a 51 mile ride that paid $38.19 and surprisingly a return trip that took me close to home, 34 miles that paid $22.55 the first was $0.75 per mile The second at $0.66 per mile

Why the difference?. I think the algorithm knows I like the 30 to 50 mile (80 mph) rides knows how important a return trip with almost no dead miles is to me and knows Ill take it no matter what. And I think it pays less on any ride when the distance to pick up is small

·
Premium Member
10,556 Posts
Im in a different market, but last night i did a 51 mile ride that paid $38.19 and surprisingly a return trip that took me close to home, 34 miles that paid $22.55 the first was $0.75 per mile The second at $0.66 per mile

Why the difference?. I think the algorithm knows I like the 30 to 50 mile (80 mph) rides knows how important a return trip with almost no dead miles is to me and knows Ill take it no matter what. And I think it pays less on any ride when the distance to pick up is small
Around here about the only people going 80 are carjackers. During the day these are 30-40 mile trips in Chicago one was yesterday one was today you don’t want them the time on the 2nd one is probably way off as the gps doesn’t seem to know actual travel times on holidays and reverses to normal rush hour times
Font Rectangle Slope Screenshot Parallel

Font Slope Parallel Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Around here about the only people going 80 are carjackers. During the day these are 30-40 mile trips in Chicago one was yesterday one was today you don’t want them the time on the 2nd one is probably way off as the gps doesn’t seem to know actual travel times on holidays and reverses to normal rush hour times View attachment 686630
View attachment 686629
Holy crap barrington is 42 miles away! When I was a rookie I took these burb trips and now that I thought about it, I was so stupid back then

·
Premium Member
10,556 Posts
Holy crap barrington is 42 miles away! When I was a rookie I took these burb trips and now that I thought about it, I was so stupid back then
Yeah it’s a long way. That’s actually a lot of money. The gps is this totally wacked on holidays,so it probably an hour. Without Uber pet it’s probably $20 less. The question is what do you do when you get there? The answer is drive back to the city, because people there have cars. Far better to take trips like this. They’re pretry easy just get a hair roller thing. It’s not like they send an unaccompanied bobcat in the back of the car

Font Sky Slope Screenshot Astronomical object

21 - 26 of 26 Posts