Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at these two trips, one is from the city to oak park, the other one is the return trip pinged while exiting to Harlem on Eisenhower. The first one has much higher fares, surge is only $2.25 and no boost. The second one, despite it’s longer, paid less, boost is $1and no surge. I posted about my friend’s guess on goober’s fare tier system and driver rank system, I think his theory might make some sense. Or is there anyone know how goober calculates fare?
Slope Font Parallel Electronic device Screenshot
Slope Font Parallel Electronic device Software

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The less you cherrypick, the higher the pay.

I've notice if you're at the airport, and cherrypick your rides, uber lowballs you.

Ever notice with UFP your very first ping after a long break is always higher? This will last untill you go offline or kicked offline. Uber will start lowballing you the more you cherrypick.

There is a way to make to the first bracket with absolutely no rejected pings, even if your 60+ in que. You will find out this will yield higher payouts untill you get kicked back to the end.
Although I don’t know exactly how gruber’s system work I can guarantee you are not right. Think it like this: you take any ping, means no matter how low it is you take it, then the algo definitely will lowball you every time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't pull this observation out of my ass. There is some bases to it or else it would not have posted it. Instead of blindingly disapproving and dismiss somebody's ideas or observations, understand that not everybody sees exactly the same thing as you. Sometimes even patterns can be discovered quicker than you can understand or see them.
Great man, keep what you are doing and soon you will become Gruber’s favorite driver, gas station/car shop owners and car dealerships will like you too. Just make sure to take all of these 15-20 min ride with $6-8 payout rides so we don’t have to deal with them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most of the time there is no reason to go to their airport let alone get in the queue. Even if you get $40 for the trip, today at one point there were nearly 200 cars at the airport. That $40 drops to $20/hr pretty quick

It’s not about what you get paid for the trip, it’s the opportunity cost of taking it. I had this request today. It’s a hard pass as I live 10 minutes from the pickup and not 45 miles away. I’d also add you would be giving up boosts and surges in the city. I made $56 after this request came in. Is it less than $74 sure. However I was home by 445 instead of 630 and saved 70 miles worth of gas and return tolls View attachment 686208
Just out of my curiosity, of my years of driving I never signed up for pets, and if I see a rider has a pet I cancel the trip no matter what, because I absolutely hate pets. So my question is Uberpet the service to transport per to the destination? Does the owner have to ride with the pet or is the owner even allowed to ride with the pet?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Around here about the only people going 80 are carjackers. During the day these are 30-40 mile trips in Chicago one was yesterday one was today you don’t want them the time on the 2nd one is probably way off as the gps doesn’t seem to know actual travel times on holidays and reverses to normal rush hour times View attachment 686630
View attachment 686629
Holy crap barrington is 42 miles away! When I was a rookie I took these burb trips and now that I thought about it, I was so stupid back then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts