1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
By Scottie B.
I play Uber this way and it works for me

1/ Never take a request over 8 minutes away without asking where there going

2/ Pull up a pick up point, set stop watch for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes cancel and get a $8.00 no show, time is $$$$

3/ Once your doing a job pause all new requests, that shows less car on line, may cause a surge

4/ Never pick up from railway stations, normally minors and lazy people

5/ Never pickup from Ikea to load flat packs in your car, they walked down there or used public transport

6/ Never pickup from a Macca's store, short trip or after midnight Pax just needs a car to get order in drive thru

7/ Never pick up form a supermarket, the supermarkets now offer delivery services

8/ Never accept a job behind you in peak traffic, it costs you time to try and turn around and then Pax cancels on you

9/ When dropping off in CBD only accept a ping when the pick up is in front of you on the same road or to the left. Time is money and doing blocks of CBD is no way to make $$$. My CBD policy is get out as quickly as I can then log on away from the CBD grid

10/ ALL un accompanied minors WALK, rain, hail or shine and I get $8.00 on a cancel

11/ Parents with under 7yo children are banned due to the state laws regarding child seats. I get $8.00 on a cancel.

12/ Pax looks drunk or drugged "WALK" and I get $8.00 on a cancel. NO SHOW or the CANCEL

14/ The Pax which get in my car get a quality trip home with a bit of banter and I never ever drop off a female of any age until there safely at their front door etc

I hope some of you learn something here and good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

- - - - - Never take a request over 8 minutes away. Period.

2/ Pull up a pick up point, set stop watch for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes cancel and get a $8.00 no show, time is $$$$

- - - - - Perhaps the single-most important rule in this list.

3/ Once your doing a job pause all new requests, that shows less car on line, may cause a surge

- - - - - Then you never get stacked pings! Why throw away money?

- - - - - Just the opposite for me.

5/ Never pickup from Ikea to load flat packs in your car, they walked down there or used public transport

- - - - - I usually transport a lot of Ikea employees from Ikea, no baggage involved.

6/ Never pickup from a Macca's store, short trip or after midnight Pax just needs a car to get order in drive thru

- - - - - That's true.

7/ Never pick up form a supermarket, the supermarkets now offer delivery services

- - - - - I do hate helping people with thirty bags of groceries and no means of getting them into the house, and no tip. o_O

8/ Never accept a job behind you in peak traffic, it costs you time to try and turn around and then Pax cancels on you

- - - - - How long does it take you to pull a U-turn?

9/ When dropping off in CBD only accept a ping when the pick up is in front of you on the same road or to the left. Time is money and doing blocks of CBD is no way to make $$$. My CBD policy is get out as quickly as I can then log on away from the CBD grid

- - - - - The roads over there must really be crazy.

10/ ALL un accompanied minors WALK, rain, hail or shine and I get $8.00 on a cancel

- - - - - Salut!

11/ Parents with under 7yo children are banned due to the state laws regarding child seats. I get $8.00 on a cancel.

- - - - - Absolutely!

12/ Pax looks drunk or drugged "WALK" and I get $8.00 on a cancel. NO SHOW or the CANCEL

- - - - - Definitely!

14/ The Pax which get in my car get a quality trip home with a bit of banter and I never ever drop off a female of any age until there safely at their front door etc

- - - - - A true gentleman.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts

- - - - - Perhaps the single-most important rule in this list.
I used to think like this but now I look at their rating. If they have a high rating I would wait for a 1 or 2 minutes longer. Good chance they are going on a long trip so they need more time to get ready and not forget anything.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used to think like this but now I look at their rating. If they have a high rating I would wait for a 1 or 2 minutes longer. Good chance they are going on a long trip so they need more time to get ready and not forget anything.
High rating pax will call you if he/she needs more time. That was my XP. previous post so true.... 5 mins, cancel and collect

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Yup this is true, sometimes it's worth the wait specially the first timers they still don't know the norms

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good list!! If only we could get all cars in Sydney to do this, then the surge would definitely be back!!

What topics do you chat about or steer the conversation towards? Looks like you're keeping pax happy and entertained which is great!!
politics,sex,drugs and rock and roll!!!
in the serious note people react to any story in different way as u drive them u get to know them albeit for a short time...

·
Registered
419 Posts
By Scottie B.
I play Uber this way and it works for me

I hope some of you learn something here and good luck
pretty good mate thats what I do everytime!
haha

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
Generally, the list is what I do except for point 3....

Why go offline during a trip, you miss out on stacked pings...that's money going to someone else...

Even worse if you in a surge area...

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

You must be operating under different cancellation rules than myself. None of the above are no shows, therefore no cancellation fee.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I could not disagree more. Five minutes is already a very long time to wait.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.