1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Email sent by Go-Catch to Canberra drivers on Saturday 19 May 2018 at 11.28 am:

Opt-in to get your Swipe card today

Hi Jack,

GoCatch is officially licensed at Canberra Airport and will be launching publicly next week.

As a GoCatch driver you will need a Swipe card to complete your GoCatch pickups at the Express Pickup area. Opt-in via the link below and the GoCatch team will get you your Swipe card right away.

[link removed]

How do airport pickups work in Canberra?

When you drive into the airport for a GoCatch job, you will head to the Express Pickup where your passenger will be in the Waiting Lounge.

Use your Swipe card to gain entry to the Express Pickup zone. Pickup your passenger and use the swipe card again on the way out.

Maximum waiting time is 15 minutes. Any time over this will require you to personally pay the extra. Confirm your passenger is ready with a phone call.

GoCatch will charge your passenger the airport toll at the end of the trip*.

The Swipe card is not transferable to any other driver and only valid for GoCatch jobs. Using the Swipe card for a non-GoCatch job will result in a fee on your account and potential removal of airport privileges.

Questions?

Our switched on Support Team is always here to help. Get in touch with us directly by emailing [email protected] or tap 'Help' in the GoCatch app.

Thanks,

The GoCatch Team

*Taxi Cash jobs will need to add the toll to the final trip fare.

[end of email]

Jack Malarkey comments:

The email indicates that taxis booked via the GoCatch app will also be using the express pickup lounge and adjacent car park.

The email doesn't say anything about a virtual queuing system or waiting area for drivers of the kind that Uber operates.

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received a call this afternoon from GoCatch. To receive the airport card by post, I needed to agree to pay $5. This is debited to my account with them.

I still owe them $10 for the GoCatch sticker so my account with them is now negative $15.

The alternative was to collect the GoCatch pass from the airport but I would have needed to do so by tomorrow and the caller was vague about the collection point.

I am beginning to hear reports from driver colleagues of GoCatch jobs coming through so I’ll resume turning on their app.

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GoCatch sent the following email to drivers on Friday 25 May 2018 at 4.53 pm:

Jack, meet us at Canberra Airport!

Hi Jack,

To celebrate our new partnership with Canberra Airport, GoCatch will be at the airport in-person on Monday 28 May 2018 to promote the GoCatch app, meet with you and distribute GoCatch Swipe Cards.

Passengers who book with GoCatch can now comfortably wait for you at the Express Pick-up Lounge in the carpark.

How to pick up your passenger
Tap your Swipe Card at the entry boom gate and tap the same Swipe Card into the exit boom gate as you leave. Alternatively, if you do not have a Swipe Card, you can take an entry ticket and pay your nominated fee at the pay machines provided.

Come along, meet our team at the airport and collect your Swipe Card next week from Monday.

We can't wait to see you there!

Refer Your Friends!
Give $20, Get $10.

Help your friends and family beat the surge with GoCatch by sending them your referral code! They'll get $20 off their first trip and you'll get $10 credit after their 3rd trip.

Your Referral Code: [omitted]
Questions?
Our switched on Support Team is always here to help. Get in touch with us directly by emailing [email protected] or tap 'Help' in the GoCatch app.

Thanks,

The GoCatch Team

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GoCatch sent the following text message to Canberra drivers on Monday 28 May 2018 at 10.53 am:

Hello Jack! GoCatch has landed at Canberra Airport! Come and meet us at the Taxi Holding bay from 10am - 2pm [on Monday 28 May 2018] to collect your GoCatch Swipe Cards. We'll be there from Monday [28 May] to Friday [1 June] so tell your friends to come by and sign up with GoCatch.

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My GoCatch airport access card arrived in the post today (Tuesday 29 May 2018).

Rectangle Font Handwriting Wood Carmine

The envelope had a $1 postage stamp on its front but GoCatch charged $5 (debited to my account) for the privilege of having the card posted rather than my needing to collect it in person from the airport taxi zone.

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GoCatch sent the following email on Tuesday 29 May 2018 to RIDERS in Canberra:

GoCatch launches in Canberra Airport with $20 credit and 25% back off ALL trips

Hi Jack Malarkey,

We've excited to announce GoCatch as an official transport booking service at Canberra Airport!

To celebrate the launch, we are giving you $20 credit and 25% off all trips until 30 June 2018 with the code [omitted]. Enter the code via Menu (top left) > Vouchers to experience no Surge Pricing and our Fastest Route Guarantee.

As of today, you can set the pick-up destination from Canberra Airport and comfortably wait for your driver at the Express Pick-up Lounge in the carpark. This is available for Economy, Taxi, Maxi and Premium vehicles.

Express Pick-up Lounge

The Express Pick-up is located on the ground floor of the green indoor car park just a short, 20 metre covered walk from the arrivals hall.

Where to meet your GoCatch driver

As a passenger you can meet your driver in the baggage hall or in the car park. Alternatively, if your driver haven't arrived yet, you can wait in the comfort of Express Pick-up Waiting Lounge located adjacent to the car park.

How Canberra Airport pick-ups work

Canberra Airport charges a pickup fee of $3 (including GST) to passengers within the Canberra Airport site. This site includes all precincts including:
  • The business park
  • The carpark
  • The terminal precinct
  • Retail and commercial areas.
Open the GoCatch app

Questions?

Thanks,
The GoCatch Team
*Offer valid for new and existing users only upon entering the code [omitted].

The 25% rebate is applied as credit to your GoCatch account for all rides until 11:59pm 30 June 2018. This Rebate Offer is valid for on-demand trips and Advance Bookings in a GoCatch Economy, Taxi, Maxi or Premium excluding payments outside of the GoCatch App including, but not limited to, Taxi jobs with external payments, cash, EFTPOS, or Cabcharge. The 25% rebate is calculated from the paid fare value of the trip, less credit used on the trip, tips, tolls, levies, and surcharges. The trip must occur between 7:30am Tuesday 29 May 2018 and 11:59pm Saturday 30 June 2018 to be eligible for the 25% credit rebate. Trips occurring outside this period will not be eligible. Any promotional or voucher credit applied to a trip will be deducted from the fare value when calculating the 25% rebate. This offer ends 11:59pm Saturday 30 June 2018.

$20 credit valid from 7:30am Tuesday 29 May 2018 until 11:59pm Saturday 30 June 2018. Credit can only be redeemed with on-demand trips and Advance Bookings in a GoCatch Economy, Taxi, Maxi or Premium excluding payments outside of the GoCatch App including, but not limited to, Taxi jobs with external payments, cash, EFTPOS, or Cabcharge. Passenger must have entered a Credit/Debit card, PayPal account, Android Pay account, or Apple Pay account as a saved payment method in the GoCatch app. If the total fare is greater than $20, the remaining balance will be charged to the nominated payment method. Any unused credit will be forfeited.

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Article dated 30 May 2018 by Ian Bushnell in RiotACT about GoCatch now picking up passengers from Canberra Airport:

Canberra's ride-sharing market has become more crowded with ...GoCatch now offering a Canberra Airport pick-up service.

GoCatch, which has been in the capital since 2017, began taxi and private ride-share car pickups at Canberra Airport yesterday (29 May). Passengers can use the GoCatch app to book a private rideshare car, taxi, maxi or premium hire car for an immediate trip or reserve a driver in advance from 30 minutes up to a year. All pick-ups will be from the Express Pick-up parking facility.

GoCatch, which announced in March it was planning a $5 million capital raising via an Initial Public Offering in June, says it has 1500 registered taxi and rideshare drivers in Canberra, and 60,000 nationwide.

It says that unlike other ride share services, GoCatch does not have "surge pricing" during events or peak travel times and boasts a Fastest Route Guarantee, which means if a passenger finds that the driver has taken a less direct and more expensive route then GoCatch will refund the difference.

Canberra Airport said the addition of this new ride service would help to alleviate waiting in taxi queues at the airport during peak travel times, with many taxi drivers using the app.

Managing Director of Canberra Airport, Stephen Byron, said the Airport looked to partner with companies who put a lot of thought into customer satisfaction and quality of service.

"GoCatch is an Australian-owned company that has catered to travellers' transportation needs by offering so many vehicle and booking choices," he said.

"We are excited to offer GoCatch as an option because of the flexibility they offer customers. With winter coming on quickly, passengers can book a private car or taxi and wait in our heated waiting area, designed to let passengers wait in comfort, no matter the season."

CEO of GoCatch, Andrew Campbell, said the company was looking forward to driving even more Canberrans by extending its service to pickups at Canberra Airport.

"We know they are early adopters, who prefer using apps to book cars and taxis and we know they'll appreciate our 'Fastest Route Guarantee' which uses APIs and real-time data to get you where you want to go quickly," he said.

To promote the launch, GoCatch is offering Canberrans $20 off their next trip and 25 per cent credit back on all trips until 30 June 2018 with the code [omitted].

(https://the-riotact.com/ride-sharin...-service-and-ola-launching-in-canberra/247799)

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove two GoCatch trips today, my first two ever. The first was from Canberra Airport to Belconnen and the second was from Nicholls to Queanbeyan.

My passenger for the trip from the airport told me that she had seen a large advertisement for GoCatch above the luggage carousel that referred to the promotional discounts currently available. This was the first time she had heard of GoCatch and she downloaded the app while waiting for her luggage to arrive.

GoCatch engaged in some smart thinking there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts