Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi all, just came across a new twitter feed offering tips and tricks for Canberra & Australian Uber drivers and riders. Check out what they have to say about the airport and about what taxis are apparently doing to try to combat uber - The forum won't let me post the link as I don't have a "like" yet on here but you can go to twitter and search UberUpOz and follow or read.
Here's the link. I notice some mentions of "Uber DJ Mavis".

I love it when the passengers pick the sounds. I play some chill house music, but I don't mind some hot jazz of a cool evening. Miles Davis and Chet Baker and Dave Brubeck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mavis loves a trip with some tunes. Most riders don't have Spotify pro so I let them use my Apple Music subscription and my phone to play whatever they like .. Though many opt for my ultimate uber Saturday playlist haha. Jazz is a great idea for the quieter contingents :) love Dave Brubreck.

I also love the service we are collectively providing for our CBR riders. Sounds like everyone is having a ball and the riders are enjoying unique and fun rides! Go CBR!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Mavis loves a trip with some tunes. Most riders don't have Spotify pro so I let them use my Apple Music subscription and my phone to play whatever they like .. Though many opt for my ultimate uber Saturday playlist haha. Jazz is a great idea for the quieter contingents :) love Dave Brubreck.

I also love the service we are collectively providing for our CBR riders. Sounds like everyone is having a ball and the riders are enjoying unique and fun rides! Go CBR!!
Yes, I've got my Apple Music and a generous data plan. I tell Siri to "Play Easy Listening" and I get some chill music. I tell Siri to play some Beatles and I get "On Top of Old Smokey". YMMV.

And yes, I'm finding happy passengers pleased with the improvement over Canberra cabs. It's a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My poor passengers usually get Hamish and Andy or ABC news radio. Short trips, not worth it plus they usually rather chat or play with their phones than ask me for tunes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skyring you are right YMMV haha!!! Pax asked Siri to play the B52s and we got the Flinstones. Very funny 5 star ride!! Yabadaba uber do!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts