Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://gogograndparent.com/?gclid=...LgHvAEJv_QCscgZx9N_gOzwq_tqC9eq7TsaAh9f8P8HAQ

New phone in ride share service connects old people w/out smart phone to uber and or lyft, charges them .19 extra per minute for the service. With credit card on file

So I wonder how uber feels about this,

I know unless they are setting up individual accounts for these people it seems shady, who am I rating and whoes rating us.

Worse yet the old broad on the news says
"its cheap and no tipping"

Boycott these rides cancel cancel cancel

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has been around for a while. On your end, you won't even know it's happening unless the pax tells you.
Oh, news and founder acted as if it was just launching

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I've had this twice. The name that shows after you accept the ride is 'GoGo'. With that name I was expecting a big knockered stripper; instead it was an old man.

The fun part is that if you have to call them, it doesn't ring to the old person's phone. It rings to the GoGo call center and they try to get ahold of the pax.

Other than that it's a normal ride.

On the plus side Grandpa left his phone in the car. I found it later and took it back & he gave me a $20.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sounds like a 30 year old Bandit cab company.

I don't give rides to old people anymore.

The last old bag I gave a ride to took 10 minutes to walk to the car and it smelled like her colostomy bag ruptured during ride.

My car smelled like old lady urine, baby powder, and Aqua Net hairspray all night long......NEVER AGAIN
Hahaha

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
This is not new.

They "form" a company and charge the end user more per mile and more per minute simultaneously using the Uber service to facilitate the go go service HAHAHA. What an entrepreneur.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I had two trips like this one name is GO GO and after accepting the ping you get an long text message with rider name & address and phone # and additional info rider is a senior citizen they may need an extra help.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
the health company SCAN does this with lyft too. Got stuck near seizure world in laguna hills and got a few blue hairs on minimum rides that told me their health insurance company orders for them. Of course no tips. Old people are the worst

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
All the Self Service Checkouts are being removed in Southern California because the Senior Citizens can't operate them.

This company should create a service that does that too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts