Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started driving late September last year so was only at AT&T for a few games. I know the parking and pickup zones are extremely restrictive post game. Where do yo do pickups and is the surge good?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was excited my first baseball season driving for Uber, last year. But then I learned what a nightmare it was with the stand still traffic. I avoid the area during games. Keep in mind, your nav will have you take Terry Francois but it's blocked during games. Uber initially said they would post pick up/drop off zones for the games but haven't to my knowledge, it's impossible to get anywhere near the ballpark. On occasion I have come down 2nd St toward the ballpark and have passengers bail at the stand still traffic.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was excited my first baseball season driving for Uber, last year. But then I learned what a nightmare it was with the stand still traffic. I avoid the area during games. Keep in mind, your nav will have you take Terry Francois but it's blocked during games. Uber initially said they would post pick up/drop off zones for the games but haven't to my knowledge, it's impossible to get anywhere near the ballpark. On occasion I have come down 2nd St toward the ballpark and have passengers bail at the stand still traffic.
Thanks. Sounds like wait and see if uber provides pick up/drop off zones. Did a drop-off at Oracle on Wednesday and the uber
zones were a CF.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think that's why Uber hasn't set up zones for us at the ballpark because they just wouldn't work, once you're in it's takes so long to get back out of the area it's useless. Your welcome, fellow SoCo resident : ) I am temporarily in SF for a family member but lived in So Co 20+ years, 2 of my adult kids are still there.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah ... go to Oakland for the Athletics games ... mo' money to be made there ... yeah! Go As!!! Oakland Coliseum is da bomb!!!
Drove a couple times last week in Oakland after an Oracle and OAK dropoff and can't
figure out how it's profitable at $0.85/mile and $0.15/minute.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
you'd be better off fielding normal rides then to wait for a game to let out unless you are naturaly taking a break or happen to be in the area at the bottom if the ninth with two outs left imo.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah ... go to Oakland for the Athletics games ... mo' money to be made there ... yeah! Go As!!! Oakland Coliseum is da bomb!!!
I don't care if you guys swept us... we will get our revenge!!! Battle of the bay again? I hope.

AVOID! Nightmare traffic with cops all around and road closures. Lots more drivers and mediocre boost will kill the surge.
Boost can't predict if game to over time. But omg boost on game day. So sad...

·
Registered
138 Posts
It would be awesome if the city would allow Uber pick ups/drop offs along Terry Francois, come on Uber... make a deal! Last year Uber was the preferred ride for the Giants, it's an embarrassment we can't get near the place on game day.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Started driving late September last year so was only at AT&T for a few games. I know the parking and pickup zones are extremely restrictive post game. Where do yo do pickups and is the surge good?
The higher the surge the more gridlock. Boring. Frustrating. Avoid!!!

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
I don't care if you guys swept us... we will get our revenge!!! Battle of the bay again? I hope.

Boost can't predict if game to over time. But omg boost on game day. So sad...
I hope there's boost. That will help me know there's a game on so I can avoid the area and ignore the pings.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Who cares, drive the other way. You'll spend 20 mins in solid traffic to pickup and another 15 getting away, for 1 ride that's probably a minimum trip anyway. Then the surge will be over.
But you'll have to learn this the hard way.

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
Disinformation is intentionally false or misleading information that is spread in a calculated way to deceive target audiences. The English word, which did not appear in dictionaries until the late-1980s, is a translation of the Russian дезинформация, transliterated as dezinformatsiya. Disinformation is different from misinformation, which is information that is unintentionally false. Misinformation can be used to define disinformation - where disinformation is misinformation that is purposefully and intentionally disseminated in order to deceive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I remember surges from 2.5-3+
Now I bet you it will surge for 30 seconds at 2.0 if we are lucky

1 - 20 of 21 Posts