Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so been driving about a month, hit my 100 rides a while back, got my 'stache in the mail. Since I usually drive at night, it's great for helping pax pick my car out from all the others waiting by the curb (and, cops are more inclined to give me the benefit of the doubt/not want to pull me over thinking I'm some DUI).

However for the last day or so, it just died. I've been charging it ALL night (I actually literally charged it for an entire 7 hours overnight, but it died again after about an hour or two the next day), and have been charging it all night last night, using its USB cord plugged into a USB wall outlet.

However, when I press and hold the button, the damn thing's not turning on. I just see the glowing ring around the edge of the button, IMPLYING that it's charge, but with no indication whatsoever on how charged it is, or if it's EVER going to turn on again.

I'd figure that-- unless I somehow mixed up the cable it came with with another black USB cord I have-- that after 7 hours of charging, the darn 'stache would at LEAST light up.

So how long DO these things need to charge for?? And just how damn cheap are they? (as in, is there any risk of killing the battery by not trying to turn it on if it hasn't been charged long enough??).

And what's the protocol/link if I have to reorder/buy a new one?? Because having this thing working seriously cuts down on the amount of time/phone calls I have to waste trying to help pax find my car on a busy street when it's not...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I don't know if they will swap it out for you. Have you tried turning it on while it is plugged in? If it turns on then, I would think the battery is toast. If it doesn't, perhaps the power button or LED broke.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All good, it seems to be working now after 8+ hours of charging, might've just been using the wrong USB to mini-USB cord on it.

Still, if anyone does have any links for getting a replacement one-- in case it finally does die, or for other drivers whose 'stache has died-- it'd be great to share those here, for future reference...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If you have a local office staff they probably have some they would swap with your broken one. I've seen my office staff at events with dozens to give to drivers that qualified. They look up your profile and check to see if you've been sent one already. If all good, you get one on the spot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't worry about replacing it. I have it on good authority* that the glowstache will soon be replaced by a different object altogether.

* Three different Lyft employees I've given rides to, including someone on the design team.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bumped into the Lyft Los Angeles community manager at starbucks and he offered me an extra glowstache since he had them in his trunk. So I'm sure you could get a new one if you contact them.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mine was acting up when I got it, I sent an email to Lyft support and got a replacement in a couple of weeks by mail. Now I just need to keep it clean since some tourists like to borrow it to take pictures with it when I drive them

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Don't worry about replacing it. I have it on good authority* that the glowstache will soon be replaced by a different object altogether.
Hold on now, what could it be? Lyft's whole personification is the mustache.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.