Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
In my market, this is what I have noticed:
1) There is more demand for Uber, and the Uber driver is shutting off the Lyft app while doing Uber pickups.
2) There are riders comparing prices, and noticing that Uber is pricier, because Uber charges a premium to send an Uber out of their way, so they rider selects a Lyft ride, of which there are fewer drivers, because they are busy doing Uber.

Screw accepting Lyft pickups that are long distant -- they'll ask you to drive 45+min to pick up a low-rated paxhole who wants to travel one mile.

·
Premium Member
4,056 Posts
my experience with uber is damn they keep my busy. lyft is much slower but has longer rides. uber pay is about the same to 10% less its all over the place. its very close. at the airports drivers all use lyft. they turn uber off. every penny counts. doing airport runs. my experience with pings. i did 35 rides today pings were just as long uber vs lyft.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my market, this is what I have noticed:
1) There is more demand for Uber, and the Uber driver is shutting off the Lyft app while doing Uber pickups.
2) There are riders comparing prices, and noticing that Uber is pricier, because Uber charges a premium to send an Uber out of their way, so they rider selects a Lyft ride, of which there are fewer drivers, because they are busy doing Uber.

Screw accepting Lyft pickups that are long distant -- they'll ask you to drive 45+min to pick up a low-rated paxhole who wants to travel one mile.
Yesterday 7am I got the same Lyft ping 9min away, Whittier CA. 8 times in a row.
Ignored, got 4 min away Uber ping.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Dear Lyft
Give me a reason why should I accept a 10 minutes away Lyft ping, and ignore 2 minutes away Uber ping.
Same as I would like to ask Uber "Have you not gotten the clue that I will not accept any rider under a 4.70 rating????" While your at it. Do you think I have become momentarily mentally incapacitated when you a send me a 15 minutes "premium pickup possible" when I am in the middle of a surge zone? As a matter of fact don't send me anybody UNDER a 4.8. I don't give a F. I'm not desperate. I don't do this full time to feed myself. Hasn't your idiot computer algorithm figured this out yet!! YOU see when and what I will accept. Feed that into your damn algorithm !

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same as I would like to ask Uber "Have you not gotten the clue that I will not accept any rider under a 4.70 rating????" While your at it. Do you think I have become momentarily mentally incapacitated when you a send me a 15 minutes "premium pickup possible" when I am in the middle of a surge zone? As a matter of fact don't send me anybody UNDER a 4.8. I don't give a F. I'm not desperate. I don't do this full time to feed myself. Hasn't your idiot computer algorithm figured this out yet!! YOU see when and what I will accept. Feed that into your damn algorithm !
Unfortunately some drivers accept ANY ping, and that is the reason why rideshare companies can survive.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
You could probably skip 60 pings in 20 minutes if you wanted to. Your market is not typical. And fortunately it's not unique either. Not all Lyft markets are busy like yours.

My Lyft market is not even close to being as busy as yours. I would have to work hard *all day long* to skip 60 pings. I would have to be strategic and drive to all of the hot spots at all the right times while monitoring the passenger app to avoid saturated venues the entire time.

I have to accept nearly all pings if I want to do more than 0 rides / hour..

Some Lyft-only drivers are in markets where you might have to wait 5-30mins until you get another Lyft ping.

Sometimes you simply won't get a ping even when there are no drivers within a 1/2mi radius. When this seems hard for me to believe I will use my other phone to request a ride using a different account and it'll ping me first try.

If I get a ping I always accept. I could handle twice the pings I get now before it would be busy enough for me to even consider skipping pings for any reason whatsoever.

I would love to have enough Lyft pings to be picky. You don't realize it but you are extremely lucky to have the luxury of skipping pings..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts