Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
26,176 Posts
Examples
What is
PAX-passenger
Shuffle-It takes several forms, but it is basically trying to avoid getting a passenger in order to collect the cancellation fee.
Ants-Your standard, ordinary, operating, run of the mill UberX driver. On the passenger application, it shows up as a long black icon that someone called an "ant"; it stuck..
etc etc
We understand that you are a rookie, or, at least, new to these Boards. Just ask.

Oh, and welcome to YouPeaDotNet.

·
Premium Member
6,418 Posts
There's also the topic of Rohit and Rovil.

Rohit is a euphemism for Uber's customer service. One of our members had issues and had to contact Uber. Didn't pan out too well. At a certain point, someone named Rohit kept answering and the name Rohit as a mean to refer to Uber's customer service stuck.

Rovil stems from a similar story, but the fact that Rovil sounds extremely close to Rohit made it perfect to refer to Lyft's customer service. The joke there being that Lyft copies every thing Uber does.

An extra one is Mohit. This one didnt get much traction, but someone was frustrated at Lyft and called their CS "Mohit" as another way to say Lyft copies Uber.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Most common terminologies are:

Pax:
The singular and plural abbreviation of riders.

Paxhole: A rider that's an ass#ole.

Shuffle: The act of avoiding a trip to collect the cancellation fee instead. Also called the Shirlington Shuffle. It's usually carried out by hiding your vehicle from the riders until the timer runs out or by not moving towards their pick up location at all and make them cancel after they get tired of waiting.

Ant: As much as most would like to deny it, we're all ants, thus show up in the rider's app as tiny insects crawling up and down looking for crumbs. The term on this forum, however, refers to drivers that have no clue what they're doing and take each and every ping they get, and mostly newbies.

Poo: Uber Pool. Dodge it like the poo.

Slime: If you see this in some of my posts, it stands for Lyft Line. Once the slime ball starts rolling, ain't no stopping it.

Long haul: Taking the longest route possible to a destination to get the most out of rider's payment and limit Uber's cut. It became especially popular since the rise of upfront pricing.

Gryft: Lyft.

Fuber/Gruber/Screwber:
Yup, you guessed it; None other than Uber.

Rohit: Uber support.

There are plenty more, but these are the most common. My fellow members will chime in and add to my dictionary.

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
"Flying Cars"- Uber Kittens-uber icecream
All distractions for when Uber is in deep political doo doo or has gotten caught doing something despicable once again.

See Subterfuge.
See Escape & Evasion.
See Psy Ops 101 Hearts & Minds.

See " Uber Badges"- Pavlovian Conditioning.

Attachments

·
26,176 Posts
Poo: Uber Pool. Dodge it like the poo.

Slime: If you see this in some of my posts, it stands for Lyft Line. Once the slime ball starts rolling, ain't no stopping it.
Uber Pool: What the others have listed; also: Poop, Uber Poop, Uber Stool, U-Pool, Pool/Pools.

Lyft Line: LL, Gryft Grime, Lyft Slime, Slime, Line/Lines (usually referred to in the plural).

Most of the drivers do not like the Pools or Lines. Some drivers have figured out how to make them pay. If there is such a thing as an Expert on the Pools/Lines, the Washington Boards' Own koyotemohn would qualify. He has figured out how to make these things pay. If you are going to run these things, his posts on the subject are Must Read and Pay Heed.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Perch: a spot you can go to idle and wait for a ping. This is intermediate to advanced rideshare legit logic...especial in the wee hours or in preparation for rush hours.

Shadow pong punch...shadow pong: when I get sick of getting back to back baserate ping bewshit(right before a surge) ...I take the 8th or 9th baserate uberx or uberpool....drive towards the ping...and a block away....no charge cancel.

8 times out of 10 my interface returns to a Red Sea of surge...and I get my better rate(1.5x ish)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.