Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
You left off the cracks in the windshield from the Taxi drivers when you park your car to go inside for the restroom break.

·
Registered
329 Posts
When the inspector put my sticker on he specifically told me the U goes above the sticker. He even went so far as to hold below and say "no" on the side and say "no" and then above it and say "yes". The sticker is way to low on my windshield for the U to fit under it anyway and I think they did that on purpose when mine was put on.

So, to me, below the sticker is ghetto, or not "correct" rather.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
can we just all have it in the corner underneath the ARA sticker?
The city inspector told me above or to the side of the sticker. And then I could put the airport one wherever I didn't put the U. I had them put the sticker as far down as possible for visibility.

I don't recall if it's addressed in the written ordinance. Their stance on clothing isn't.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The city inspector told me above or to the side of the sticker. And then I could put the airport one wherever I didn't put the U. I had them put the sticker as far down as possible for visibility.

I don't recall if it's addressed in the written ordinance. Their stance on clothing isn't.
The heat index will be like 113 for the next couple of days. I'm wearing shorts.

Edit,.. I bet if you asked every inspector, no two would give identical answers. Just like going to the courthouse and different help kiosk personnel giving different answers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Inspectors say different things. First one said above only. Then went for perm sticker and she said side or above. So I use a velcro and stick to the side.

Also if you say Ghetto slowly its Ghet Tow. And those without the U may just get that. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What Uber told us last year before the inspection (which was being done at the same place at the time), was to just throw it under the window and it will pass. Then what ARA told me was at least half of it has to be showing. I passed without it even being stuck. When I got home, I decided to actually stick it on. But now they're telling people to put it above the inspection sticker, I guess because they think it's not visible enough down there? Bullshit! Everyone notices it in the corner. There is no visibility issue whatsoever.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
What Uber told us last year before the inspection (which was being done at the same place at the time), was to just throw it under the window and it will pass. Then what ARA told me was at least half of it has to be showing. I passed without it even being stuck. When I got home, I decided to actually stick it on. But now they're telling people to put it above the inspection sticker, I guess because they think it's not visible enough down there? Bullshit! Everyone notices it in the corner. There is no visibility issue whatsoever.
MY visibility. I wanted the sticker as far down as possible so I had more clear window. since they wanted the U and airport sticker above or to the side I wanted the city one as far out of the way as possible. The U is not up all the time so having it below would make no sense.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The only time I even pretend to put that stupid trade dress up is when I drop off at the airport or going into downtown. I don't even tape it to the window, I just throw it on dash board. Other than that, I don't drive with it. I don't see the point in letting some random idiot on the street know I drive for uber. **** uber, I'm not advertising for them.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only time I even pretend to put that stupid trade dress up is when I drop off at the airport or going into downtown. I don't even tape it to the window, I just throw it on dash board. Other than that, I don't drive with it. I don't see the point in letting some random idiot on the street know I drive for uber. **** uber, I'm not advertising for them.
I really don't like it on either. In fact, I hate it. But it does wonders to get these clowns to find my car.

·
Registered
770 Posts
ARA saw it on the seat at inspection and did not even mention it. After they were ready for me to leave, I asked and the rep said to put it on the dash, stick it on the window, or tape it when needed. Talk about mixed messages!

Reactions: itsablackmarket

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Amazon carries sticker holders for things like handicapped parking signs. You put the sign in a plastic holder and attach it to the windshield with suction cups.

My wife has a sign she is supposed to hang from her rearview mirror that gets scanned when she get to the parking lot at her work. With the peculiarities of her car, the sign was too far back and behind that black stippling a lot of windshields have. I got her one of those holders I mentioned above.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Amazon carries sticker holders for things like handicapped parking signs. You put the sign in a plastic holder and attach it to the windshield with suction cups.

My wife has a sign she is supposed to hang from her rearview mirror that gets scanned when she get to the parking lot at her work. With the peculiarities of her car, the sign was too far back and behind that black stippling a lot of windshields have. I got her one of those holders I mentioned above.
Do you have the amazon link?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts