Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downloaded the app. Claimed an offer for .25 off gas at a local Shell station. Uploaded my receipt. No cash back after 10 days. GetUpside's app states if they cannot match the receipt with the merchant records, then no cashback can be processed. Period! WTF? 馃槧
So naturally, I uninstalled the app, after I told them to shove it!
Anyone else get screwed by them?

Premium Member
Same here, select station, claim offer check in, use the same card on file every time, get credited a little less than 2 bucks each time two days later. Not going to get rich doing it but it's a good option when I'm not at costco.

Premium Member
GetUpside is a lead generation app; its purpose is to sucker drivers into thinking they鈥檙e 鈥saving鈥 money when they purchase fuel via 鈥渃ash-back programs鈥 at higher-priced fuel islands.
If you really want to save money on fuel, use the GasBuddy app, it will tell you which fuel islands offer the lowest pricing on fuel in your area.

Premium Member
GetUpside is a lead generation app; its purpose is to sucker drivers into thinking they鈥檙e 鈥saving鈥 money when they purchase fuel via 鈥渃ash-back programs鈥 at higher-priced fuel islands.
If you really want to save money on fuel, use the GasBuddy app, it will tell you which fuel islands offer the lowest pricing on fuel in your area.
I use both.
Per Gas Buddy, the consistently cheapest station near me also happens to give me cash back on GetUpside.

Premium Member
Keep your political BS to yourself. Claiming a rebate on Gas has nothing to do with a political spectrum.
ha ha, Everybody has gotten so screwed over by Dementia Man's self-made energy crises they're desperate to save a nickel on gas. The price of fuel has everything to do with the 鈥減olitical spectrum,鈥 but the TDS'ers are afraid to talk about it unless they can include the "orange man bad" phrase into the same sentence.
馃槅 馃お 馃槅
Tongue | Joe Biden | Know Your Meme

Premium Member
鈥淓nd of quote鈥

That鈥檚 a great GIF.

鈥斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺

I live 10 minutes from a reservation with both a Costco and a tribal gas station.

Costco is 20 cents per litre cheaper than everyone else, and the line up is usually 30 minutes plus........the tribal station across the street is 17 cents less and never has a line up.

Let that sink in for a minute. People are ****ing stupid eh ?

Premium Member
鈥淓nd of quote鈥

That鈥檚 a great GIF.

鈥斺斺斺斺斺斺斺斺

I live 10 minutes from a reservation with both a Costco and a tribal gas station.

Costco is 20 cents per litre cheaper than everyone else, and the line up is usually 30 minutes plus........the tribal station across the street is 17 cents less and never has a line up.

Let that sink in for a minute. People are ****ing stupid eh ?
Come on now, I get a 2% rebate at Costco so it would be almost 5 cents per litter, that's for to be worth waiting am eternity in line! Seriously though, it's a time and cost thing, I know which stations do get upside and I only use it if I'm close to one and they are offering a competitive price. It might end up being 12 to 15 bucks a month for maybe 10 minutes total of effort.

Premium Member
Ive been using upside for over a year. Its my 2nd choice when Im not near a Sams Club. IMO its only useable with a CC linked too it otherwise the pic taking process is too much effort. You hsve too use your deducing skills an.plan ahead so your not stealing from yourself by paying higher prices. Its called planning ahead.

Premium Member
My point was that for a 3 cent per litre difference you'd rather stay in a 30-45 minute line across the street ?

I normally put 25 litres a day in my car........for 75 cents I am not sitting in the Costco line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts