Uber Drivers Forum banner

Getting your Uber account deactivated due to complaint

8K views 84 replies 58 participants last post by  Twin 
#1 ·
I picked up a crazy lady in Brooklyn who kept calling me because the GPS directed me a block away from where she was located. She was irate and had a horrible attitude. She will interrupt me while I was trying to figure out her location on the phone. When I would ask what's the intersection she will just yell the name of the restaurant she was at and hang up the phone. I was eventually able to locate her and by the time she got in my car I was very irritated.

She was angry because she needed to go to Newark Liberty Airport and the last driver cancelled on her and she was now 20min late. I told her that the app was telling me that she was a block away from where she actually was standing. It was difficult figuring out her location because she kept hanging up the phone. Then I told her the driver probably gave up and cancelled (I should've cancelled too). She then tells me she needed to pick up luggage at her apartment and needed me to get her to Newark Liberty in 30-45min (We in Brooklyn). I told her I will try my best but that will depend on traffic.

When she finally came downstairs I helped her place luggage in the trunk. As we start to drive off we get caught up in traffic for 30min due to some recycling event in Prospect Park. When we get to the Airport she is late and misses her flight. I politely say "Sorry, I couldn't get you to your flight on time. I hope you get a safe flight home soon." I end the trip and see that the pay was $117.79 and she paid total $159.85.

That was Saturday and when I tried to log into to Uber app this morning I see "account needs attention" message. I tap the message and it tells me to call Uber because I was accused of riding with a non Uber passenger, text messaging while driving, smoking marijuana while operating vehicle, driving in an unsafe manner and the passenger who filed the complaint felt unsafe as my passenger. When I called the number I was directed to call the Uber representative who told me that Uber is conducting an investigation and I will not be able to drive until the investigation is completed.

I told the representative that the only person that could make that type of complaint was the crazy lady I picked up in Brooklyn and dropped off at the Newark Airport and that she is probably trying to get a refund because she is upset she had to pay so much money and end up missing her flight. I been driving Uber for 4 years, have a 4.88 rating and completed 9,487 Uber trips. The accusation the lady is making is completely out of character for me as a driver. The Uber rep said that it's probably a false accusation and it will probably take 48 hrs until I finally have access to my account.

Unfortunately for me, I never bother opening another account with a different company, so now I'm completely screwed because I cannot generate any money because at this point all I have is my Uber account and will not be getting paid while the investigation is being conducted. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

See less See more
#2 ·
I picked up a crazy lady in Brooklyn who kept calling me because the GPS directed me a block away from where she was located. She was irate and had a horrible attitude. She will interrupt me while I was trying to figure out her location on the phone. When I would ask what's the intersection she will just yell the name of the restaurant she was at and hang up the phone. I was eventually able to locate her and by the time she got in my car I was very irritated.

She was angry because she needed to go to Newark Liberty Airport and the last driver cancelled on her and she was now 20min late. I told her that the app was telling me that she was a block away from where she actually was standing. It was difficult figuring out her location because she kept hanging up the phone. Then I told her the driver probably gave up and cancelled (I should've cancelled too). She then tells me she needed to pick up luggage at her apartment and needed me to get her to Newark Liberty in 30-45min (We in Brooklyn). I told her I will try my best but that will depend on traffic.

When she finally came downstairs I helped her place luggage in the trunk. As we start to drive off we get caught up in traffic for 30min due to some recycling event in Prospect Park. When we get to the Airport she is late and misses her flight. I politely say "Sorry, I couldn't get you to your flight on time. I hope you get a safe flight home soon." I end the trip and see that the pay was $117.79 and she paid total $159.85.

That was Saturday and when I tried to log into to Uber app this morning I see "account needs attention" message. I tap the message and it tells me to call Uber because I was accused of riding with a non Uber passenger, text messaging while driving, smoking marijuana while operating vehicle, driving in an unsafe manner and the passenger who filed the complaint felt unsafe as my passenger. When I called the number I was directed to call the Uber representative who told me that Uber is conducting an investigation and I will not be able to drive until the investigation is completed.

I told the representative that the only person that could make that type of complaint was the crazy lady I picked up in Brooklyn and dropped off at the Newark Airport and that she is probably trying to get a refund because she is upset she had to pay so much money and end up missing her flight. I been driving Uber for 4 years, have a 4.88 rating and completed 9,487 Uber trips. The accusation the lady is making is completely out of character for me as a driver. The Uber rep said that it's probably a false accusation and it will probably take 48 hrs until I finally have access to my account.

Unfortunately for me, I never bother opening another account with a different company, so now I'm completely screwed because I cannot generate any money because at this point all I have is my Uber account and will not be getting paid while the investigation is being conducted. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Truly sorry this happened to you. This is the most unfair shit that can happen. Never happened to me but I'm taking today off anyway. Wednesdays for me are slow. hopefully you get reactivated by tomorrow night or Friday morning,and u can kill it over the weekend. Good luck bro hopefully people can give you the info you need. On the bright side at least it didn't happen Friday, Where you can't make money over the weekend.

#3 ·
I had a similar issue with Uber. But it had to do with me cancelling ride requests or not accepting them from Citifield while at the queue in LGA. best bet is to sign up with Juno Lyft Via or a local base. if this is your main source of income then you are being foolish by sitting it out. You also should have canceled on her the moment you realized shes a pain. If you can survive by not driving then sit back. If uber still keeps you suspended go sign up with other companies and/or base.

#6 ·
They wont permanently deactivate you, but they are gonna take a few days to call you back. You should profile better, sure a decent ride but you went out of your way to make it work with a pax who you already knew you couldn't trust. And that is what it's about. If a pax gives me the slightest reason for me to not trust em they ain't getting a ride from me.

#11 ·

You are so funny once customer called you for inconvenient situation just cancel fast the bed weads should take rides with the snakes

#12 ·
If she claimed you smoked marijuana you should take test asap and proved her wrong. Also get Lyft account, these days they seems to ping better. Also what about dash cam? You been driving for 4 years, you must have dash cam.

Hope you get reactivated soon brother.

#13 ·
Other day had "melissa" from flatbush call me because I was a few door down. I kinda expected this behavior from this **** based on her pic. She could been like "I'm over here" but she called and with a very very nasty attitude telling me that I'm at the wrong spot. I'm like ok hang up and drive away. I hear her yelling "hellooooo?" And I was laughing. Sucks the next driver had to probably deal with her bs

#18 ·

I stopped reading after 3rd sentence. You should have canceled and moved on. You have to able to read the tea leaves. Wait the 48 and next time when pax gives even the slightest disrespect...cancel!

#71 ·
You know always when passengers called me with bad attitude I cancelled the trip right away ... before I picked them I don't care if they late or where the going

Don't trust Uber in ur living income again.... try to do different things and drive for different companies.... do ur best don't depend ur living income in one company .... all of them are MF

Right.... I do same
I'm sure you are an experience driver
No time to wasted looking for some stupid

#20 ·

It's a blessing in disguise

#36 · (Edited)
NEVER pick up an angry passenger. Do not be afraid tl cancel, thats what the cancel button is for...

if you did by.mistake, ALWAYS report the incident to uber as soon as the ride is finished, so you get your report in beforw they get in thiers. But try to fit in some details.

And get a dashcam. All problem passengers get uploaded to a computer at the first opportunity. Then u will have the dashcam evidence. I dont think uber cares abt dashcam evidencd but u will havs it if u ever want to sue them

Of course not since u onlh got. 30 rides in those 4 years. Uber is dead! :wink:

#26 ·

Did you check that fare if Uber refund her if they did u r out

#27 ·

You can make a Lyft account ASAP on your phone they don't require to go in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.