Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am in the process of changing my insurance company. I talked to a guy from Kijiji. After verifying all my information. He was quoting $550. I am currently paying $188.

However, I am more concerned about what he told me. He said that my driving record indicates so many accident claims. I told him that I had only 1 accident report in past 8 years, which was in a parking lot when I was backing up. He said there so many report under my name and even mentioned a name that I have not heard in the past.

How can there be some other guys name under my record?

Is there a way for me to get record of my history and claims to verify everything like a credit report?

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi

I am in the process of changing my insurance company. I talked to a guy from Kijiji. After verifying all my information. He was quoting $550. I am currently paying $188.

However, I am more concerned about what he told me. He said that my driving record indicates so many accident claims. I told him that I had only 1 accident report in past 8 years, which was in a parking lot when I was backing up. He said there so many report under my name and even mentioned a name that I have not heard in the past.

How can there be some other guys name under my record?

Is there a way for me to get record of my history and claims to verify everything like a credit report?

Thanks
Why you run after a dude posting on kijiji... Use google and find a broker or call company directly.
Its your fault
For driving record, why don't you just go to service ontario and obtain 1? What's so hard about that?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why you run after a dude posting on kijiji... Use google and find a broker or call company directly.
Its your fault
For driving record, why don't you just go to service ontario and obtain 1? What's so hard about that?
Nothing hard about it, I am going there to get it tomorrow anyways. Funny thing is my cousin who has like 5 accidents in past 4 years, paying less than me. However, he doesnt report to his insurance company that he is doing Uber.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Nothing hard about it, I am going there to get it tomorrow anyways. Funny thing is my cousin who has like 5 accidents in past 4 years, paying less than me. However, he doesnt report to his insurance company that he is doing Uber.
Maybe you should'nt be using a guy you found on "kijiji" . Start by using proper broker. Search this forum for insurance companies used to uber.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lmao, a guy u found on kijiji. lol. I would not be surprised if someone had stolen your identity. Did he also ask for your credit card info as well?
I guess, I just wanted to know how much it will cost me. No, he did not ask for my Credit card, but he was less enthusiastic after seeing my record. Just ask me do you want to go with $550 or no?

However, like I said, he was claiming that I have so many claims under my name, eventhough, I have not claim anything since 2009. Also a minor accident last year when I was backing out of parking going 5km/h.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.