Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Uber notify you if you get deactivated? I am getting an error message 'Your driver account has not been activated.", but I've been an active driver for 4-5 months. I have not received any type of warnings or emails from Uber. I even tried calling my Uber phone number and got a tone with an 'invalid number' message. So I'm assuming it is more than a system fart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed them and the city partner email that the weekly emails come from right after it happened this morning, but no replies from either one yet.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you were close to 4.6 and somebody 1*'ed you, you might have been kicked out of the club. Did you pick up an Uber driver recently? Sometimes drivers will spend $5 to sabatoge a competitor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your profile states 92 years old..! So, basically I like your spunk, but maybe I can help. If the system doesn't come up on your phone I should guess you are not not driving..? How's that work out in Florida..?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was currently a 4.75 before the activity today. I can still log onto the main website and my rating for the day was 5.0, and the last 7 days is 4.87. And I don't know if I picked up an Uber driver..if I did, they didn't tell me they were one. I did have a PAX yesterday that got my spidey-sense tingling..he asked alot of Uber questions, more in-depth than the usual PAX asks,.just something about him when he got in....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your profile states 92 years old..! So, basically I like your spunk, but maybe I can help. If the system doesn't come up on your phone I should guess you are not not driving..? How's that work out in Florida..?
I'm still trying to see the part where you state: 'maybe I can help'??? I guess I missed it.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
I emailed them and the city partner email that the weekly emails come from right after it happened this morning, but no replies from either one yet.
give the Uberites 48 hours to respond... then email every few hours until you hear something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nahhh.., useless..., just keep driving and the system will burn itself out.. You've been getting paid.., right..? From the time I "signed up" and had the car checked out none of the administrative types showed any signs of an education over 6th grade.., Oh there was the "mechanic" who brightened up when I had all my seat belts in correctly. The Lyft inspection was even worse.., and at first I got a notice that I hadn't failed.., so I let it go. Then 30 days later I got another notice saying I had passed and I was released to drive. I never have stuck the pink pad in my window..! Uber is good for me so far.., and my help is to not hassel headquarters cloonz..

·
Registered
316 Posts
The other day my phone number went crazy and I couldn't make or take calls. I sent 7 emails and didn't get a response for 24 hours. But....I got on Uber Chat and had a new phone# within 30 seconds. Been driving for 6 months and never knew we had a "chat"!

·
Registered
971 Posts
It seems that Uber recently "wait listed" several hundred drivers in L.A. for having low acceptance rates. This happened 9/17-18.

So, Uber teaches a bunch of drivers a lesson in who has all the power.
Uber created a surge through L.A. of 5x for hours because suddenly they're way low on drivers.
Uber pissed off a bunch of their customers.
Uber sent a bunch of their customers searching for an alternative and some number of them over to the Lyft platform.

Nice Hissy Fit Uber!! Way to show that the customer is next to last, driver last, and morale at an all time low in Southern California. But no worries, it's not like you have a formidable competitor or anything. Yet.

The drivers that profited from that 5x city wide surge probably got frustrated and pissed off pax's that dinged the shit out of their stars for having to pay 5x prices.

Stupid is as Stupid does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts