Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UberSaur here. I've noticed this week, after I refuse 2 Uber-Stools in a row, I often get bumped off the app *without* the usual 3-in-a-row-non-acceptance red warning message + timeout!! ... and thus get thrown into a phantom purgatory state, where I'm actually offline without knowing it!!

After I had been driving at least 45 minutes through a busy area of DC without a single ping, to my horror, disbelief and dismay, I noticed my phantom purgatory offline state and non existence in the grid. This has happened to me several times this week.

Logging off the driver app and logging back in to the driver app resolves the issue immediately, my car suddenly and spontaneously reappears on the rider app and sure enough the ping requests return almost instantly. Point is though, I cannot be trusted to be online just because the app says I am. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've had this happen once. I watch the app like a hawk to be sure I'm online, especially after denying uber pools. The feeling of being offline thinking you are online is to great to repeat. I lost 30 minutes or so in this state.

·
Premium Member
23,113 Posts
I went to the DCA soccer field & TNC lot today after a dropoff to practice my Pashto. Was at #10 in queue. Looked a minute later & I was logged out. Logged back in & I was #25 in queue. Said screw it & left.

I did decline picking up a couple of Pool trips when I already had 3 people (2 Pool trips) in the car. Not sure if it that was why I got logged out.

Dusting my tinfoil hat off...

·
Registered
731 Posts
WTH??? How can you know if you've been bumped off the app without warning so you don't waste time? Check it after every trip now? Ugh.

Reactions: UberSaur

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
after I refuse 2 Uber-Stools in a row, I often get bumped off the app *without* the usual 3-in-a-row-non-acceptance red warning message + timeout!! ... and thus get thrown into a phantom purgatory state, where I'm actually offline without knowing it!!
Welcome to my world!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Happened last week couple times. It happened when declined 2 pools in a row. The app was showing me online status however the next ping after that was coming after 35-40 min
Uber is getting more and more ridiculous

·
Registered
326 Posts
UberSaur here. I've noticed this week, after I refuse 2 Uber-Stools in a row, I often get bumped off the app *without* the usual 3-in-a-row-non-acceptance red warning message + timeout!! ... and thus get thrown into a phantom purgatory state, where I'm actually offline without knowing it!!

After I had been driving at least 45 minutes through a busy area of DC without a single ping, to my horror, disbelief and dismay, I noticed my phantom purgatory offline state and non existence in the grid. This has happened to me several times this week.

Logging off the driver app and logging back in to the driver app resolves the issue immediately, my car suddenly and spontaneously reappears on the rider app and sure enough the ping requests return almost instantly. Point is though, I cannot be trusted to be online just because the app says I am. Anyone else experience this?
Finally, someone else is experiencing this....tried playing around with the app on streets with no other drivers and I'm nowhere to be found....Uber is and has gotten very dirty.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WTH??? How can you know if you've been bumped off the app without warning so you don't waste time? Check it after every trip now? Ugh.
I don't know, it was a shocking discovery for me. I check the rider app compulsively now after refusing a couple Uber Stools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts