Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I’m new to the Uber game. I just had my first drop off in Nassau. Do you guys wait for a pickup back into the city or just head out ? I been here for 20 minutes not sure what to do.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
no, uber gives you city rides heading back.
Yeah sure but like I said, you run the risk of getting ticketed. Last time I dropped off a person at Hicksville, got a ping right away but cops rolled up on me and asked me where I came from, and had me show the previous trips details to prove that I picked up the person in Brooklyn lol

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Yeah sure but like I said, you run the risk of getting ticketed. Last time I dropped off a person at Hicksville, got a ping right away but cops rolled up on me and asked me where I came from, and had me show the previous trips details to prove that I picked up the person in Brooklyn lol
nah they cant give you ticket if ride is heading back to the city, its in the rulebook.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there not a law called reciprocity, where you can drop someone off and bring a passenger back as long as they are going back into New York City. It’s in chapter 80 is it not ?

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
I think the point is it's not worth the trouble dealing with Nassau cops. What if I choose not to show my app when the pig wants proof that I came from the city. **** that noise. Come back empty bro or head to JFK and pray the queue is peas than 100.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Omg. You newb. Yea you can bring em back. But you would come from nassau to city at 67 cents a mile???[/QUOTES

Yea you should've thought about what u said there. Anything is better than nothing guy. I brought someone to JFK from there so I got lucky , I made $28. Way better than 0 guy.
I may have wrote the reply in the wrong box lol , but that still doesn't compare to your thinking

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you get an instant ping? If not, cruise terminals for 10 minutes, see if you get a ping, If in 10 minutes you don't get anything you can leave JFK you won't get a ping. Just the tip :)
It seems as if you're asking did I get an instant ping in the airport ? I'm going to just explain my situation. I dropped off a pax from Greenpoint to somewhere near Jones beach. I waited about 20 min for a ping back to NYC and I got to stop someone off at JFK. Immediately as I dropped off the passenger , I received another ping for a pool and dropped the woman off 8 mins from JFK.

·
Premium Member
10,430 Posts
It seems as if you're asking did I get an instant ping in the airport ? I'm going to just explain my situation. I dropped off a pax from Greenpoint to somewhere near Jones beach. I waited about 20 min for a ping back to NYC and I got to stop someone off at JFK. Immediately as I dropped off the passenger , I received another ping for a pool and dropped the woman off 8 mins from JFK.
Was that a flight attendant? I hate them and always 1 star them for wasting my time by wasting my instant ping with such that short trip.

·
Registered
669 Posts
As opposed to 0 cents per mile? Absolutely.
I wish it would be 0 c/mi
It's more like 20/25 mpg = -12 c/mi

The important thing is how much time will we be wasting on those rides.
If one is a driver who is in the limits of the fatigue rule every week / day then s/he should choose the rides accordingly for best income/time outcome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.