Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few people in my car over the weekend sneezing. One particular Asian girl was in the back seat, and every time I started to drive she’d make this funny noise, like a weird breathing noise/gasp.

When we’d stop at lights, she would t do it, no matter how long we were stopped.

Started driving and I’d hear that noise.

After a while I actually turned around and said, do you need a tissue.

No she said.

She was acting weird.

Today have got a increasing sore throat, headache and have just started sneezing.

What would you do?

May see how I feel in the morning.

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
Had a few people in my car over the weekend sneezing. One particular Asian girl was in the back seat, and every time I started to drive she'd make this funny noise, like a weird breathing noise/gasp.

When we'd stop at lights, she would t do it, no matter how long we were stopped.

Started driving and I'd hear that noise.

No she said.

She was acting weird.

Today have got a increasing sore throat, headache and have just started sneezing.

What would you do?

Outrageous in a situation like that with deadly virus around and pax visibly ill rideshare companies force you to keep trip going or face deactivation on discrimination grounds... your own health and that of your family's way more important then any crappy $5 trip Uber would have you complete, face mask on and glen 20 disinfectant spray as soon as that pax gets off

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Had a few people in my car over the weekend sneezing. One particular Asian girl was in the back seat, and every time I started to drive she'd make this funny noise, like a weird breathing noise/gasp.

When we'd stop at lights, she would t do it, no matter how long we were stopped.

No she said.

She was acting weird.

What would you do?

Definitely see how it goes.

the behaviour of the girl you are talking about seems quite strange, it could be anything. However, if what you are experiencing is the coronavirus what that means is that you've had it for 14 days or so already and the girl the other night had nothing to do with it.

If you are concerned, go and see your GP. If you are really concerned go to the emergency department but only if you feel the GP can't handle it. Emergency department SA overloaded as is but if you feel it's an emergency you should absolutely go.

Goodluck

Call the hospital helpline in melbourne they can guide over the phone about checking symptoms or ask your next chinese pax.
this is excellent advice, give nurses on call a buzz and they'll be able to help you out. Please bear in mind at this point it's not just Asian passengers.

Outrageous in a situation like that with deadly virus around and pax visibly ill rideshare companies force you to keep trip going or face deactivation on discrimination grounds... your own health and that of your family's way more important then any crappy $5 trip Uber would have you complete, face mask on and glen 20 disinfectant spray as soon as that pax gets off
Loosen your grip on your pearls. this virus is only deadly to the elderly, the very young, and the immunocompromised. you would have to be astonishingly unlucky if you were not part of any of those groups and still died, especially with the health care we have available in our country.

the behaviour of the passenger in question could be anything. If they were making little hiccupy burpee noises while driving and nothing while stopped at the lights I would be more inclined to believe that they were a bit drunk and their stomach was giving them trouble and they were trying to stop from throwing up. The symptoms of coronavirus at cetera et sneezing sore throat runny nose at cetera just like the regular flu.

Please calm down. This doesn't mean stop being vigilant, it merely means that panicking is only going to make things worse. The stress from your panic is going to increase the allostatic load on your various body's systems including your immune system making it less effective and making you more susceptible to various pathogens including the coronavirus. Keep calm, keep ubering or whichever platform you choose, and if you genuinely feel unsafe you should stop driving until you do feel safe.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
What would you do?

having a sore throat for a couple of days did it for me, thoughts going through my mind about all the people, loved ones, old ones, I'd potentially passed it onto because I still drove hoping for the best but intermittently fearing the worst, that I'd caught it, as of this last week that chances of catching it were like 100 out of 20million, going forward those odds are going to drop, now I know the feeling of utter despair if I've caught it, not for me, but for others I may give it too who may die, I'm out, seriously out, no more taxi driving.

there are other jobs out there that dont involve being in close proximity for up to 20 strangers daily for long enough to catch the plague..

I hope it's just a normal flu you've got, chances are it is, but going forward into the next few weeks and months the chances will be lots higher that it's covid19.

take this as a warning is what I did,

we just plain out dont get paid enough for this

take the paxhole who will sooner or later call you to take them to the hospital so they can be tested, they dont care about you, if it was an ambulance they called the paramedics will be in full safty gear and it would cost 1000's, instead they'll just call an uber if they're to sick to drive, that's potentially what coming up, duck em..

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
Loosen your grip on your pearls. this virus is only deadly to the elderly, the very young, and the immunocompromised. you would have to be astonishingly unlucky if you were not part of any of those groups and still died, especially with the health care we have available in our country.

the behaviour of the passenger in question could be anything. If they were making little hiccupy burpee noises while driving and nothing while stopped at the lights I would be more inclined to believe that they were a bit drunk and their stomach was giving them trouble and they were trying to stop from throwing up. The symptoms of coronavirus at cetera et sneezing sore throat runny nose at cetera just like the regular flu.

Please calm down. This doesn't mean stop being vigilant, it merely means that panicking is only going to make things worse. The stress from your panic is going to increase the allostatic load on your various body's systems including your immune system making it less effective and making you more susceptible to various pathogens including the coronavirus. Keep calm, keep ubering or whichever platform you choose, and if you genuinely feel unsafe you should stop driving until you do feel safe.
Thats fine, each to their own, let them sneeze and cough on you all you want for what i care nobody stopping you, swallow their bodily fluids if you want they are paying customers after all, i would rather throw them out on pavement and keep driving sure a dedicated ant like you would come along and pick them up even faced with viral infection... service never stops lol

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Thats fine, each to their own, let them sneeze and cough on you all you want for what i care nobody stopping you
That's not what I said and you know it. More importantly that's not what D-River said happened. Comment on a hypothetical all you like, but don't do it in response to someone genuinely along for advice.

It would be really awesome if you could prevent yourself from being a total ass from time to time.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Definitely see how it goes.

the behaviour of the girl you are talking about seems quite strange, it could be anything. However, if what you are experiencing is the coronavirus what that means is that you've had it for 14 days or so already and the girl the other night had nothing to do with it.

If you are concerned, go and see your GP. If you are really concerned go to the emergency department but only if you feel the GP can't handle it. Emergency department SA overloaded as is but if you feel it's an emergency you should absolutely go.

Goodluck

this is excellent advice, give nurses on call a buzz and they'll be able to help you out. Please bear in mind at this point it's not just Asian passengers.

Good luck
Well it hasn't really been here that long, so it's probably my paranoid brain on overdrive 😂😂

Will see how I feel in the morning. 👍🏻

I wonder how you would function in a face to face workplace environment with that attitude, cant hide behind a keyboard anymore lol, throwing insults around at anyone in sight, dudes unloading on you at will, i sure would love to rearrange configuration of your face as well as few liver shots, end it up with a golden shower on a human excrement not even worth spitting on
Golden Shower???

You been at WOW with George?

Wonder how he and Apollo are??

·
Registered
678 Posts
Gee. The first case in Australia is Toorak GP. The first school lockdown is Carey Baptist. Because a teacher was confirmed with corona and the teacher's spouse saw that Toorak GP. He is the epicenter of Victorian corona virus. Why the Asian girl matters? Has she been to China recently? Has she seen the Toorak GP? Is the Toorak GP a Chinese?

Gee. No wonder Uber full timer has no decent level of logical thinking.

Glen 20 is the waste of money. Disinfectant can't kill the virus. Just clean door handle inside and outside and wash your hands with a soap thoroughly for 30 seconds as often as possible. Washing off is the best and only way to reduce the exposure to the virus.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
having a sore throat for a couple of days did it for me, thoughts going through my mind about all the people, loved ones, old ones, I'd potentially passed it onto because I still drove hoping for the best but intermittently fearing the worst, that I'd caught it, as of this last week that chances of catching it were like 100 out of 20million, going forward those odds are going to drop, now I know the feeling of utter despair if I've caught it, not for me, but for others I may give it too who may die, I'm out, seriously out, no more taxi driving.

there are other jobs out there that dont involve being in close proximity for up to 20 strangers daily for long enough to catch the plague..

I hope it's just a normal flu you've got, chances are it is, but going forward into the next few weeks and months the chances will be lots higher that it's covid19.

take this as a warning is what I did,

we just plain out dont get paid enough for this

take the paxhole who will sooner or later call you to take them to the hospital so they can be tested, they dont care about you, if it was an ambulance they called the paramedics will be in full safty gear and it would cost 1000's, instead they'll just call an uber if they're to sick to drive, that's potentially what coming up, duck em..
Gotta keep the wheels turning Yogi.....

I'm having tomorrow off to rest and do taxes. May look at some ideas to turn my ride into a safe haven for me.

Reckon I can subdivide the car so pax get in the back and I'm seperate?

@clmre

I love how gutless you are, making posts threatening physical violence, then deleting them.

I'm answer to your question, I operate pretty well in a face to face environment, mostly because people are too afraid to be blatant buttholes in the office for fear of getting fired.

For others reference, the message that was deleted is screenshotted from my email below:

View attachment 427412

You do know that using a carrier service to threaten someone is a federal offence don't you?

You've certainly got form on it.

Just as a final note, I don't hide behind a keyboard at all. Besides, if being called an ass is what gets your aggression pumping, you should probably seek counseling.

@clmre I love what a coward you are. Never willing to stand by what you say, even when hiding behind a keyboard.

View attachment 427419
I wish you all would stop fighting. It's really sad 😢

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Gotta keep the wheels turning Yogi.....

I'm having tomorrow off to rest and do taxes. May look at some ideas to turn my ride into a safe haven for me.

Reckon I can subdivide the car so pax get in the back and I'm seperate?

I wish you all would stop fighting. It's really sad 😢
Should be plastic barriers NYC taxi style.

Reactions: zanboor

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I have just gotten over a cold that turned into bronchitis. When cold symptoms first started I did try and think back to which pax where coughing in my car.
It is worrying times, especially if you have contact with elderly people, I’m not that worried about getting sick, more worried about my elderly relatives getting sick.

·
Banned
39 Posts

No she said.

She was acting weird.

What would you do?

Get a bottle of Jack, a couple of ounces of weed and some opioids and you won't feel a thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts

No she said.

She was acting weird.

What would you do?

I have just gotten over a cold that turned into bronchitis. When cold symptoms first started I did try and think back to which pax where coughing in my car.
It is worrying times, especially if you have contact with elderly people, I'm not that worried about getting sick, more worried about my elderly relatives getting sick.
Take care.
have some rest 4-5 days. If still condition is same, call for Help

AVOID BOX HILL AND SURROUNDINGS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Good luck
For an ice ant like yourself with no family in Melbourne and all in Mumbai you have a point.

For the rest of us, I honestly won't be too fussed if I caught it. Just rest at home and hopefully recover. But accidentally passing it onto kids, parents, grand parents (everyone on your list) is my concern.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts

No she said.

She was acting weird.

What would you do?

Go and see one of those pop up testing for viruse clinics. And try to isolate yoir self from others specially from your family. Hopefully you will come negative.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.