Uber Drivers Forum banner

Getaround charging 2x normal rates now

928 Views 39 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  UberBastid
Not even like they're short on cars and seeing huge demand.

WTF.

$9 for one hour. $30 & change for 4.
Reactions: 1
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Ain’t we a Bunch of egocentric ignorants and undereducated on here... .... use your own car! I do. Tax write offs for mile deductions and hey I get 3kish in tax returns.... and Prawn.... go toke some gelato. Trust me u need some lol.
Reactions: 2
damn bro you must be some expert and know a secret that no one else knows!
Naw, not really.
I know the 'secret'.
But, I took an accounting class in college.

It's called 'amortizing depreciation'.
As an example: if you buy something for $1000 and it will be worth nothing in ten months, it costs you $100 a month to own/use that equipment.
Now, the question is ... can you rent/lease it for less than that.
If you can, rent it.
If not, buy it.

I get 3kish in tax returns.
You do?
Really?
And you're proud of that?
You loan $3k a year to the federal government - for free?
See less See more
Naw, not really.
I know the 'secret'.

As an example: if you buy something for $1000 and it will be worth nothing in ten months, it costs you $100 a month to own/use that equipment.
If you can, rent it.
If not, buy it.

You do?
Really?
Naw, not really.
I know the 'secret'.

If you can, rent it.
If not, buy it.

You do?
Really?
i don't loan 3k to the fed for that. It's all depreciation I'm getting back for my own car. Just do your taxes right and smartly. Like you said.... amortizing depreciation.... other than that.... I have no clue what your point is on your statement buddy.... prawn and uberbast is the same? Dunno sounds like everyone getting so worked up lol.... man chillax y'all there's always a way out.

Oh and do delivery. UberEats and DoorDash is best. Making 200 a day until things are back to normal. UberEats seem to get tipped 90% like 3-10$ each. Really nice.
i don't loan 3k to the fed for that. It's all depreciation I'm getting back for my own car. Just do your taxes right and smartly. Like you said.... amortizing depreciation.... other than that.... I have no clue what your point is on your statement buddy.... prawn and uberbast is the same? Dunno sounds like everyone getting so worked up lol.... man chillax y'all there's always a way out.

Oh and do delivery. UberEats and DoorDash is best. Making 200 a day until things are back to normal. UberEats seem to get tipped 90% like 3-10$ each. Really nice.
IF you are getting a refund on tax with-holdings, you are loaning money to the gov't.
In a perfect world, your tax return should show 'zero' in refund, or payment.
But, $3k is way, way off balance.

Reduce your with-holdings on W2 income, or reduce your quarterly payments by $750 (which is $3000 for the year) and put that money to work for you. Investments.
Naw, not really.
I know the 'secret'.

If you can, rent it.
If not, buy it.

You do?
Really?
And in this case you cant. Also, my cars still worth something. Its own or your a fool.
If you don't understand the concept of total cost of operation, it can seem not worth it. Once you do the math you will find out it is hardly worth using your own car for UberX
You obviously dont.

Firstly, Getaround's costs are going up because they are assuming additional liability if you happen to infect the next user of the car because of your wreckless insistence on driving when you should be home. You even handle other people's food already handled by multiple other hands before you even take it for delivery. Im not going to say what you do is evil, but it is dumb and Getaround has to price for knuckleheads.

Secondly, car rentals are losers. If a driver is driving a car with, say, 200,000 miles he is making a windfall on the tax deduction even though his car is essentially worthless for bookkeeping. Meanwhile you are paying an absurd amount for renting. The only time renting makes sense is if you compare costs to a newly purchased car, but only an idiot would drive a new car for ridesharing.
See less See more
Reactions: 3
And in this case you cant. Also, my cars still worth something. Its own or your a fool.
Oh, I see, you want to make the computation more complicated?
I can do that.

So, another example to address your objection:
You buy a piece of equipment that will never be worth less than $2000.
You pay $12,000 for it, and in ten months is it fully depreciated and worth $2000.
Your depreciation cost was .... $100 a month.

If you can rent for less than that - rent it.
If you can buy for less than that - buy it.

Get it now?

There's lots of variables, and I don't know what they are.
But being a business owner and professional driver - I'm sure you do.
Pencil it out.

You may be right, I dunno.
Have you done an analysis?
Do you know?
See less See more
Oh, I see, you want to make the computation more complicated?
I can do that.

So, another example to address your objection:
You buy a piece of equipment that will never be worth less than $2000.
You pay $12,000 for it, and in ten months is it fully depreciated and worth $2000.
Your depreciation cost was .... $100 a month.

If you can rent for less than that - rent it.
If you can buy for less than that - buy it.

Get it now?

There's lots of variables, and I don't know what they are.
But being a business owner and professional driver - I'm sure you do.
Pencil it out.

You may be right, I dunno.
Have you done an analysis?
Do you know?
Of coarse I have and Iv rented myself for about 2 months, then owned. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I obviously netted much more while owning. The car could be worth nothing in 2 years and I would still make much more, and that car will still sell.
Reactions: 2
Of coarse I have and Iv rented myself for about 2 months, then owned. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I obviously netted much more while owning. The car could be worth nothing in 2 years and I would still make much more, and that car will still sell.
Kewl
As long as you know your numbers.
Any business person needs to know their numbers.
You obviously dont.

Firstly, Getaround's costs are going up because they are assuming additional liability if you happen to infect the next user of the car because of your wreckless insistence on driving when you should be home. You even handle other people's food already handled by multiple other hands before you even take it for delivery. Im not going to say what you do is evil, but it is dumb and Getaround has to price for knuckleheads.

Secondly, car rentals are losers. If a driver is driving a car with, say, 200,000 miles he is making a windfall on the tax deduction even though his car is essentially worthless for bookkeeping. Meanwhile you are paying an absurd amount for renting. The only time renting makes sense is if you compare costs to a newly purchased car, but only an idiot would drive a new car for ridesharing.
Exactly. End of this stupid debate. You rent your a clown who doesnt have the credit to lease to own, or your broke and cant afford a cheap car. Its like someone coming in to rent a car and saying yall dont take debit or ebt? Rental is a fine place to START, to see if you can handle doing this, to make a little side cash for the very short term, but if your renting long term your a fool. End of debate.
"Your two stupid too sea they'res more two it then what you realize"
"Your two stupid too sea they'res more two it then what you realize"
Please stop spamming our forum with dribble.
You could offer a $1000 proposition that your math (not Seymours) pencils for a rent versus buy decision.
Most of these guys are broke and begging for government handouts

I have nothing to prove to anybody. It neither benefits or hurts me, if you do it your way. Be my guest, be as stubborn as you want.
Leave our forum your nothing more then annoying
Oh come on, you don't mean that.
What fun is a forum filled with people who agree with you.
Leave our forum your nothing more then annoying
:'(
Oh come on, you don't mean that.
What fun is a forum filled with people who agree with you.
,,, and, where in the hell are you going to find people who agree with you?
Oh, wait ... you're in San Francisco ... got it.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.