Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, today I have been back to LAX three times. Each time my tip sign has caught the attention of other drivers. Get your own sign! Lol lol lol. All I did was a simple Google search "funny tip signs" Don't everybody go and copy my sign. Yall drivers are so thirsty!

Anyway, this brings me to a second point. I drove a pax who read my sign which also reminds passengers to rate me. He asked me why should he rate me. I told him. He told me he will begin rating his drivers because he travels for work every week and rarely rates drivers. What? I thought pax had to rate before they got to book another ride? Please clarify.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a good one I can't find with a pic of Britney Spears that says "tip me baby oNE more time"

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
This one is for Optimus Uber and GeladaMate and all you other drive angry types. Put a picture of Nic Cage at the top! :)
Thank you for the mention. I don't use tip jars. It's not the way I was raised. My parents taught me to have integrity and not to beg, have pride in who I am. I was taught hard work will be rewarded. You don't need to tell people to do the right thing. Do I tip, yes I do, like I said, it's how I was raised. But I do not tip when someone holds out there hands and rubs their fingers together in my face, I do not tip when someone puts a sign in my face. It's rude. I know when to tip and passive aggressive techniques that people think will help increasing tips are obnoxious. I look down on these types of techniques that try and sponge a few dollars. I was raised right, I know how to reward people when they go above and beyond. I don't need anyone telling me or reminding me of it.

For those that use them, good for you, happy for you. Do what you have to do. I just can't, it's not in my up bringing.

I'm sure I'll get flack for my point of view. But could care less. So many on this forum want to jump on people for differing opinions. If you post a differing opinion on their posts they'll normally have some type of condescending response to try and push you away, to shut you up. As most know, those posters will get it with both barrels. So many think they know me and my MO, but they are clueless like the majority of Uber drivers that have no idea how to run a business much less what a profit and loss statement.

Like chris0024 he thinks he knows me, says I am overly critical. Yet, I have seen nothing of help from any of his posts. Because I don't agree with a tipping thread that was posted he wants to go off on me. Straight up, he is one of the biggest dumb asses on this forum. He wants to call me out but he is clueless of the people I have helped or the reasons for my posts. But then again, when you drive a go kart for an Uber vehicle what would you really expect. A know it all that drives a stick sonic. Yes, junior, my high horse. I have forgotten more than your pathetic little mind will ever comprehend. You really have no idea the amount of people I have helped. So keep your hay, you'll need it thinking you know what is going on in this forum with the limited time you have been around you worthless incompetent bafoon.

Welcome back Highly Exalted nice to see your posts again. Please don't take anything that any one individual posts personally. They don't know you.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the mention. I don't use tip jars. It's not the way I was raised. My parents taught me to have integrity and not to beg, have pride in who I am. I was taught hard work will be rewarded. You don't need to tell people to do the right thing. Do I tip, yes I do, like I said, it's how I was raised. But I do not tip when someone holds out there hands and rubs their fingers together in my face, I do not tip when someone puts a sign in my face. It's rude. I know when to tip and passive aggressive techniques that people think will help increasing tips are obnoxious. I look down on these types of techniques that try and sponge a few dollars. I was raised right, I know how to reward people when they go above and beyond. I don't need anyone telling me or reminding me of it.

For those that use them, good for you, happy for you. Do what you have to do. I just can't, it's not in my up bringing.

I'm sure I'll get flack for my point of view. But could care less. So many on this forum want to jump on people for differing opinions. If you post a differing opinion on their posts they'll normally have some type of condescending response to try and push you away, to shut you up. As most know, those posters will get it with both barrels. So many think they know me and my MO, but they are clueless like the majority of Uber drivers that have no idea how to run a business much less what a profit and loss statement.

Like chris0024 he thinks he knows me, says I am overly critical. Yet, I have seen nothing of help from any of his posts. Because I don't agree with a tipping thread that was posted he wants to go off on me. Straight up, he is one of the biggest dumb asses on this forum. He wants to call me out but he is clueless of the people I have helped or the reasons for my posts. But then again, when you drive a go kart for an Uber vehicle what would you really expect. A know it all that drives a stick sonic. Yes, junior, my high horse. I have forgotten more than your pathetic little mind will ever comprehend. You really have no idea the amount of people I have helped. So keep your hay, you'll need it thinking you know what is going on in this forum with the limited time you have been around you worthless incompetent bafoon.

Welcome back Highly Exalted nice to see your posts again. Please don't take anything that any one individual posts personally. They don't know you.
What the heck!? Why are you dragging up old stuff? We were getting along fine. This is both passive aggressive and aggressive. And it is out of nowhere! Lol. I've had a hard week. I don't need this right now. :( whaaaaa

·
Registered
197 Posts

Thank you, I was gonna write same thing but you did it for me.
DRIVERS, stop bagging for money. We put ourselves low enough just by driving for UBER.
I never expect tip not I will ever ask for one. What is wrong with you, grow up kids.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you, I was gonna write same thing but you did it for me.
DRIVERS, stop bagging for money. We put ourselves low enough just by driving for UBER.
I never expect tip not I will ever ask for one. What is wrong with you, grow up kids.
Ubersucksgas it is not embarrassing to work for uber! I hope you are joking. :)

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It is so funny. I have never seen a tip jar or a tip line on a receipt and thought to myself "this is so not classy. Just for that I won't tip!"

On the other hand I have had bell boys stand around after me and my family loaded our own bags and he just walked the trolley up. Then the fool stands in the room waiting! That is very rude.

I think my sign and these funny signs take the edge off. Moreover, people comment on my sign and still don't tip me. I never low rate for that. You still get 5 stars and I don't take it personal. I am not one of these people that takes time "educating" pax. I am in the car for the lulz. No one wants to hear about my company! I ask about the pax life.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One more thing...

I only take off 1 point if I do an airport run and no tip. The reason is we are supposed to be a taxi alternative but at the airport we do taxi work yet people walk off without giving us a standard tip. I give 4 stars for that. Anything lower is petty given Uber tells Pax not to tip.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts