Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this Uber business and I'm planning to get ready when they start legalise in NSW as I heard that has already been done in Canberra so I'm guessing they will start do something similar here. I've listed here things to do to get setup to get ready. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm miss something.

1. Change car rego from private to business vehicle type, my current rego will expired on 31/10/2015

2. For CTP, select business commercial type

3. Currently with Virgin money insurance comprehensive, but they did not cover if I drive for Uber, planning to signup new insurance comprehensive policy with NRMA , according to them their comprehensive insurance covered for both drive for Uber and personal used as well.

4. For Tax purposes , I have register a ABN previously for online retail(online shopping cart) but did not make money so I stop. Planning to do part time driving for Uber, planning to change ABN business structure type from online retail to transport for Uber, then register for GST.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your list looks pretty good. NRMA insurance looks like a good choice, especially as they seem to be in favour of legalising ridesharing schemes.
I'd wait until after NSW legalise it fully though, otherwise its still a huge risk.
The ACT are charging about $150 for all driver certifications, something similar might happen in NSW if they go down the legalisation route. Or it could be more $$.

Also get yourself a good phone holder. I got one that clips on my air con vent. http://www.dicksmith.com.au/mobile-phone-mounts-stands/cygnett-ventview-universal-dsau-pr2101
I like having the phone pretty nearby so I can get to it easily.

Make sure you have more than 2gb of data in your mobile plan.

Uber themselves have their requirements, which I assume you're familiar with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts