Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many drivers love to get rider requests going to an Airport. I have a friend that believes setting an Airport destination in the Partner App increases the chances of this happening. Is this just wishful thinking or real? Does anyone have any insights or experience with this idea?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Of course, that's the point of the destination filter. In theory if someone in your general vicinity is going to the airport, the filter will give you priority and you will get that trip.

Can be useful during surge although if no one orders in that direction it has caused some drivers to strike out.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... the [destination] filter will give you priority and you will get that trip.
Is there any evidence that you get "priority" over another driver that is closer?

·
Banned
1,939 Posts
It's wishful thinking, Uber fails at the most basic of algorithmic logic.

Pick north location and get taken 1 meter north and 10 miles west, it's that stupid.

Even better, get taken 2 miles north and then your requests stop coming while your destination filter times out.

Whoever coded it must be 12.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hopped on this morning, unfiltered, and first fare was to the airport.

Went offline until back in town, put my residence in hoping to get six undead miles, and got a local ping that took me about half a mile in the direction I was going. I'm not pinning my plans on this feature.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
It's wishful thinking, Uber fails at the most basic of algorithmic logic.

Pick north location and get taken 1 meter north and 10 miles west, it's that stupid.

Even better, get taken 2 miles north and then your requests stop coming while your destination filter times out.

Whoever coded it must be 12.
Could not agree more. The destination feature is a complete fail on so many levels, most of the time its not even worth using.

The worst thing about it, is that it kills 3/4's of your requests in the first place. And around here (Sacramento), so what if you get an airport run. Once you do the drop off, your stuck out in no mans land, and if you decide to wait for a ride out, the average wait time is 45 minutes, and the average drive distance us 15 miles. (At .75 cents per mile) so you end up making less than minum wage.

I've gotten to where unless their is a really short queue, after i have done a dropp off, i will just run right out of SMF without wasting a minute (or an hour) in the waiting lot. The last time i thought to myself,"Wow! Only 7 drivers in queue ! So i waited..... Still took 40 minutes... And the ride took me to West Sac :( Freaking $9 ride :(
Ef'ng Uber !!!

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I have never tried setting the destination filter to an airport.

I do use Uber's DF fairly often, and generally (not always) have good success with it. Yesterday I was 1-2 -- got one ride a couple miles the wrong way, but then got one 7 miles right where I wanted to go.

Lyft's DF, on the other hand, is total junk.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
I have never tried setting the destination filter to an airport.

I do use Uber's DF fairly often, and generally (not always) have good success with it. Yesterday I was 1-2 -- got one ride a couple miles the wrong way, but then got one 7 miles right where I wanted to go.

Lyft's DF, on the other hand, is total junk.
I dont know how it could be any worse than Ubers ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used my Uber destination filter to get an airport ride just yestetday. Then used my 2nd one to get 10 fare miles of 15 miles home at the end of the night.
The DF has gotten me to within a 1/2 mile of home at the end of a day.
The destination filter is a good feature in my opinion.

I have never gotten a DF ping using the Lyft app. It truly sucks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Many drivers love to get rider requests going to an Airport. I have a friend that believes setting an Airport destination in the Partner App increases the chances of this happening. Is this just wishful thinking or real? Does anyone have any insights or experience with this idea?
DTs are simply for filling in dead miles, nothing more.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
The worst thing about it, is that it kills 3/4's of your requests in the first place. And around here (Sacramento), so
You have to use the filter in a populated area. Otherwise there just isn't enough demand to get where you need to go.

Where I live, I sit at home with the filter on. I always get my first trip to the airport for 30 bucks to start my day.

have never tried setting the destination filter to an airport.
When I set it to the airport I usually get a trip to the airport rather than one in the direction of the airport

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
I sometimes have it give me a pickup up to 15 minutes in the opposite direction of the airport. I like those because they're usually going to the airport and it is a longer trip. There's a college campus in the direction towards the airport from my house. Most request Uber Pool. I ignore all Pool rides and any rides that begin on or near campus except on Friday mornings and before a school break.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
The only trips I do anymore on uber are on the destination filter,

If i decide i'm actually going to log onto uber, it's because i'm driving somewhere,

I did one last night on my way downtown to pickup my taxi from the shop for the shift.

I'll try to get one going home but I give it 75/25 against getting someone at 9:00-10:00 am from downtown in the correct direction.

Reactions: UubSaibot

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
When I set the destination filter I set to 2 suburbs past my actual destination. That way I have a greater chance of getting jobs.
eg if I am currently east and want to go home which is west, I set it 2 suburbs further west of home.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there any evidence that you get "priority" over another driver that is closer?
There's at least some logic why they might want to give you priority. It doesn't count towards any bonuses.

I don't get the hate for the DF. I use it all the time to get me closer to San Diego. It's harder getting rides home from SD but I still get them too. It just takes a little patience. Bring something else to do and just sit there until you get a ride or your DF expires.

Now THAT pisses me off when it happens. It appears in the current app, the DF expires about an hour after you make it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts