Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack any current threads so started here, anyone wish to partake in a general chit chat?

Ghostwren Any good sales at Docklands?
anOzzieUber Best coffee in Brisbane?
sc00badiva Where are all the fit chicks getting Acai on the GC?
Sydney Uber Have you had Lady Gaga in the Viano?
UberX.illegal? Haven't seen much from you lately, taxis been busy since the Uber 10% rise?
TheSnowman Did you end up registering for GST, it would offset your other biz and see you credit
UberPlates Um.. LOL nothing comes to mind yet
Will I win lotto on Tuesday?
Are there any girls out there that don't think of themselves as a Kardashian?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Today a box of 50 e-tags arrived. My first thought was, empty the whole box in the front seat of the car and drive through a gantry.

The potential massive over-billing risk would totally be worth the joy of 50 tags producing a simultaneous deafening 'beep'.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today a box of 50 e-tags arrived. My first thought was, empty the whole box in the front seat of the car and drive through a gantry.

The potential massive over-billing risk would totally be worth the joy of 50 tags producing a simultaneous deafening 'beep'.
Imagine the phone call to the operator; Um.. I've been overcharged 50 TIMES!

·
Registered
431 Posts
G'day Mr. Instyle, last month has been "normal" in the taxi industry. Average earnings that are usually made in month of july-august are being achieved by most drivers.

Don't know if that's because of the GST applications on uberx or not, because I still see a LOT of uberx drivers out working, I just the pity the fools still loosing money for an overseas corporation syphoning money out of the Australian economy.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I think I've told my Dolly Parton story. Gorgeous person, engaging funny and happy to be a butt of jokes. Was on her job for a few days.

Not sure if I wrote about Snoop Dogg. I get a phone call from "Uber Operations" asking me if I'm interested in doing an as directed job for Snoop. It was Australia Day 2013 and I had planned to spend the rest of the day with the kids in the pool - my favourite pastime. Other hourly rate jobs Uber had offered me in the past were laughable so I refused the offer at first.

"It's part of a 3 car job, and we get a lot of work from the Night Club that is paying for this" the Ops manager tells me

"No thanks, not worth breaking my half day off" I tell him

He asks what I would charge and I tell him $110.00 p/hr and that's without a holiday loading he says he'll call me back. He does in quick time and asks if I'd do it for $90.00 cash p/hr.

I said No, because that's really $72.00 p/hr after UBER's commission. "No commission on this, straight cash in hand, paid by the Night Club manager"! This sort of behaviour I've gotta encourage so I say yes.

Head down there told to expect to see two other Uber Cars and to ring the tour manager. This guy is sweating 'cause the other two haven't shown up, I do my best to calm him down when a brand new Black Q7 arrives.

Great! Perfect for a rock star motorcade. Anyhow the door opens and reveals a driver, who's fashion sense could only be described as "St Vinnies"! Honestly! he had three different suit colours on, no tie and a patterned shirt! It didn't feel right standing next to him in my typical, correct Chauffeur's uniform!

The Tour Manager looks at me with big "WTF" eyes and I simply say it's not what I would wear EVER! Too late to change drivers and they are stressing on the HiAce Commuter for the hangers-on travelling to the night club from the Big Day Out concert.

I'm being briefed by the security Boss who I'd met years ago on the Clinton tour, so he knew his stuff. He was freelancing after leaving the Secret Service. Me and "Rainbow" (the name I gave the other Uber guy) are listening when the 3rd "car" rolls up. This time both the Tour Manager and Security Boss don't hold back, swearing loudly as I walk back to my car and hide. It was a beat up old 21 seat Toyota Coaster WITH luggage trailer attached!!!! OMG!

Goes to show, The one thing that UBER doesn't lie about is the fact that they are just a Tech company and not a Transport company! (Well sorta kind-of)

After that the fun starts with Snoop

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I've told my Dolly Parton story. Gorgeous person, engaging funny and happy to be a butt of jokes. Was on her job for a few days.

Not sure if I wrote about Snoop Dogg. I get a phone call from "Uber Operations" asking me if I'm interested in doing an as directed job for Snoop. It was Australia Day 2013 and I had planned to spend the rest of the day with the kids in the pool - my favourite pastime. Other hourly rate jobs Uber had offered me in the past were laughable so I refused the offer at first.

"It's part of a 3 car job, and we get a lot of work from the Night Club that is paying for this" the Ops manager tells me

"No thanks, not worth breaking my half day off" I tell him

He asks what I would charge and I tell him $110.00 p/hr and that's without a holiday loading he says he'll call me back. He does in quick time and asks if I'd do it for $90.00 cash p/hr.

I said No, because that's really $72.00 p/hr after UBER's commission. "No commission on this, straight cash in hand, paid by the Night Club manager"! This sort of behaviour I've gotta encourage so I say yes.

Head down there told to expect to see two other Uber Cars and to ring the tour manager. This guy is sweating 'cause the other two haven't shown up, I do my best to calm him down when a brand new Black Q7 arrives.

Great! Perfect for a rock star motorcade. Anyhow the door opens and reveals a driver, who's fashion sense could only be described as "St Vinnies"! Honestly! he had three different suit colours on, no tie and a patterned shirt! It didn't feel right standing next to him in my typical, correct Chauffeur's uniform!

The Tour Manager looks at me with big "WTF" eyes and I simply say it's not what I would wear EVER! Too late to change drivers and they are stressing on the HiAce Commuter for the hangers-on travelling to the night club from the Big Day Out concert.

I'm being briefed by the security Boss who I'd met years ago on the Clinton tour, so he knew his stuff. He was freelancing after leaving the Secret Service. Me and "Rainbow" (the name I gave the other Uber guy) are listening when the 3rd "car" rolls up. This time both the Tour Manager and Security Boss don't hold back, swearing loudly as I walk back to my car and hide. It was a beat up old 21 seat Toyota Coaster WITH luggage trailer attached!!!! OMG!

Goes to show, The one thing that UBERX doesn't lie about is the fact that they are just a Tech company and not a Transport company! (Well sorta kind-of)

After that the fun starts with Snoop
LOL and the rest was history?

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G'day Mr. Instyle, last month has been "normal" in the taxi industry. Average earnings that are usually made in month of july-august are being achieved by most drivers.

Don't know if that's because of the GST applications on uberx or not, because I still see a LOT of uberx drivers out working, I just the pity the fools still loosing money for an overseas corporation syphoning money out of the Australian economy.
Are they keeping out of your way or still be really brazen about it? When I used to a bit of UBER drunks chicks were the worst! At the top of there voice when they exit with about 50 cabs nearby "HAVE YOU GOT EVERYTHING OUT OF THE CAB!?" Sh it, how obvious, this is not a cab!

·
Registered
537 Posts
So no good sales at Docklands :( That was a bust!
Yes, I have a shipping container of canned tomatoes going cheap....just need someone to collect it for me...thinking I will send that smooth operator Sydney Uber

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh my.. I had no idea what the title of the video was LOL The content was the joke not the title :confused:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Man! My Wife's family would get all excited about them tomatoes. Being Italian it's a staple food.
I'll give you plenty of time so that you can co-ordinate your 70 mates to go along for the ride.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts