Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote I just got was about $300 more than my personal policy. I don't qualify for USAA membership so this is my only option right now....

·
Registered
323 Posts
yep
100/300/100 liability
100/300/100 uninsured/underinsured motorists
500 deductibles on comp and collision
towing
rental reimbursement $500 for 30 days

·
Registered
735 Posts
They responded already.

Thanks for reaching out. The Ride for Hire endorsement has been filed with Texas regulators already and we anticipate it will be available by the end of the year – most likely in December.

There will be communication going to our agencies in TX before the product becomes available.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That seems like a good deal. I am sure Farmers will be bringing theirs out soon as well. They already offer coverage in California and Colorado.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had a Lyft mentee tell me she'd just upgraded her Geico plan, and her monthly increased by about $30. I kind of hate Geico, else I'd look into it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
One stuipde question if you don't mind ?!!

Do we have to get rideshare insurance ?!! Because I don't need it unless I have to !!!

Is there any reason such as permit or so ? I still have my regular insurance and I think I should stick to if

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
The added insurance is to cover the gap in coverage that occurs when you have Uber/Lyft app running, but have not accepted a ride (e.g., you are waiting for a request). If you were to be involved in an accident during that period, you are technically operating your vehicle outside of the "personal" coverage that your current policy is limited for, as your vehicle is being used for commercial purposes at that time.

That is the reason for securing such a policy, as you could be held financially responsible for any injuries you cause, damage you cause to another vehicle, as well as damage to your own vehicle, if it is identified that you were performing a commercial service at the time of an incident.

·
Registered
602 Posts
One stuipde question if you don't mind ?!!

Do we have to get rideshare insurance ?!! Because I don't need it unless I have to !!!

Is there any reason such as permit or so ? I still have my regular insurance and I think I should stick to if
No question that you don't know the answer to is stupid! Especially a question about Uber's or Lyft's insurance that hangs the driver out to dry in the event of an accident. An accident without proper coverage could be a life changer and a pathway to financial ruin. You said you don't want it unless you need it. It's all hunky dory until you have a serious accident (your fault or not)! Then the "need it" part of your statement applies, but it's too late. No insurance company issues auto insurance after the fact. You seriously need to invest sometime into understanding and knowing what your insurance risks are as ride share driver. Surf around this site there are lots of posts from drivers ecperiences with ride share accidents and articles about your insurance risks exposure with Uber & Lyft. If you're ALREADY are driving tomorrow maybe too late!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts