Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a 18/19 year old female and her father. She proudly claims she's an Uber driver and she tell's me it's her first Uber ride. So I ask her "So do you have a similar setup as me?" She says, "No I don't have a mount, I live on the dangerous side and just use my hands." She then asks about my dash camera. I say "It's not even on." So I turn it on for them and they seem surprised to see the outside showing instead of the inside. LOL...

Side note: She really seemed young i'm not sure if she's 21? I thought you had to be 21 to drive for Uber.

I told her "a lot of these trip's don't really seem worth it and only pay $3.03." She said, "Well, it definitely covers the cost of gas." I suppose she's right, but what about all the other costs? Breaking even isn't good enough because I could have been working at fast food, or something.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I picked up an 18 year old high school kid last year. He claimed the previous summer he was an Uber driver on weekend nights for a couple of months.I asked him enough detailed questions to believe him. He drove one of those cars where gas was his only expense as well. Whatever kind those are I got to get me one myself.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I picked up a guy a few weeks ago who said he drove for Uber. Right away he asked me for a charger and auxiliary cord so he could play his music. After denying his request, because I don't keep an auxiliary cord, he asked me to take him through a drive-thru. Since I was planning on it being my last ride of the night, I obliged. From the drive-through to his home it was about half a mile. He started chomping on his burrito and slurping his Coke from the moment we left the drive thru. After he got out, I was careful to minimize the screen so that he couldn't see that I still have to rate him. I wanted to pull off the road somewhere so I could check the back for any droppings. Sure as sure enough, he leaves his wadded-up receipt and straw wrapper in the seat back. I 1*'d that POS and highly doubt that he was actually an Uber driver. Otherwise he wouldn't have checked off the top four pet peeves of an Uber driver. Oh yeah, no tip either.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Sorry I can't take you through the drive through, but I can drop you off here and you can get another Uber driver to take you home in 4 minutes after you get your order.

They generally chose to go straight home and order pizza.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,293 Posts
These cars that only require gas. Are they like my transfer case that "never" needs the gear oil changed????
That's what the yellow ones I drive cost me... $0 except gas and tolls in maintenance.

All I gotta do is pay $73 to rent them.

Reactions: SaintCl89

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
So I picked up a 18/19 year old female and her father. She proudly claims she's an Uber driver and she tell's me it's her first Uber ride. So I ask her "So do you have a similar setup as me?" She says, "No I don't have a mount, I live on the dangerous side and just use my hands." She then asks about my dash camera. I say "It's not even on." So I turn it on for them and they seem surprised to see the outside showing instead of the inside. LOL...

Side note: She really seemed young i'm not sure if she's 21? I thought you had to be 21 to drive for Uber.

I told her "a lot of these trip's don't really seem worth it and only pay $3.03." She said, "Well, it definitely covers the cost of gas." I suppose she's right, but what about all the other costs? Breaking even isn't good enough because I could have been working at fast food, or something.
Before going through any drive-thru you always politely say "i only ask that you do not eat in my car".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts