Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas has jumped up 25 cents in the last 12 days. We get nothing from the gulf states. They claim it is their normal shutdown and change over to the winter blends, but there is plenty of supply. In 60 days the gasoline tax increase is going to take effect and who knows what to expect at that point. When gas was nearly $5.00 per gallon we weren't hurting as bad for several reasons; 1. Markets weren't over saturated with ANTS. 2. There was four less "WINTER WARMUP" Price cuts for the drivers, OUR PARTNERS NEVER TOOK A CUT FROM THEIR END!!!! 3. People are over with both companies, they are waiting for the next flavor of the month.

·
Premium Member
70,432 Posts
Gas has jumped up 25 cents in the last 12 days. We get nothing from the gulf states. They claim it is their normal shutdown and change over to the winter blends, but there is plenty of supply. In 60 days the gasoline tax increase is going to take effect and who knows what to expect at that point. When gas was nearly $5.00 per gallon we weren't hurting as bad for several reasons; 1. Markets weren't over saturated with ANTS. 2. There was four less "WINTER WARMUP" Price cuts for the drivers, OUR PARTNERS NEVER TOOK A CUT FROM THEIR END!!!! 3. People are over with both companies, they are waiting for the next flavor of the month.
Time for Drivers to start a Real rideshare co op.

Gas prices will go up.
Expect another dollar a gallon if that NEXT HURRICANE gets into the gulf.
185 m.p.h. sustained winds.
Platforms will be destroyed.
When they flip over
They rip up pipelines.
Almost
200 platforms " disappeared" after Katrina.
There will be damage if a Category 4 or 5 gets into the gulf.
Platforms will be evacuated and shut in for possibly a week.
It was only 2 weeks ago the last evacuation.

Uber MUST do something for Drivers NOW !

Or sit idly by , and prove themselves incapable of handling Real World situations in the business world.

We are watching.

We are waiting.

I have already stocked up on coffee to counteract coffee price increases due to crops being ruined. Hopefully i will have a home to store it in.
I cant store 1,000 gallons of gasoline.
Uber MUST raise Driver pay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Wait until Nov 1st... Fuel is a tax write off for us; and perhaps, higher cost will eliminate some of the frivolous driving that occurs on LA roads, so bring it on I say... I kinda miss the days of $5/gallon and 12% unemployment; commute traffic was tangibly lighter...
In fact, higher gas prices may in fact increase Uber and bus use...

·
Premium Member
2020 Ram Limited.
27,673 Posts
Wait until Nov 1st... Fuel is a tax write off for us; and perhaps, higher cost will eliminate some of the frivolous driving that occurs on LA roads, so bring it on I say... I kinda miss the days of $5/gallon and 12% unemployment; commute traffic was tangibly lighter...
This ^^^^^

Seriously I would like to see what happens @ 6.00 per gallon ??

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Not to be rude. But are you high???!! If, gas goes up 5.00 it will not increase ridership. As gas prices, increase, PAX withhold their money, the economy goes into a downturn and EVERYTHING SLOWS DOWN.

It will be a revisit circa Bush era. I would like to be wrong. However, this scenario has played out before.

But if ridership increases, expect not regular rides, but ( POOL ). Psssk, has anyone done the Waze carpool?!

LMK!

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts
Time for Drivers to start a Real rideshare co op.

Gas prices will go up.
Expect another dollar a gallon if that NEXT HURRICANE gets into the gulf.
185 m.p.h. sustained winds.
Platforms will be destroyed.
When they flip over
They rip up pipelines.
Almost
200 platforms " disappeared" after Katrina.
There will be damage if a Category 4 or 5 gets into the gulf.
Platforms will be evacuated and shut in for possibly a week.
It was only 2 weeks ago the last evacuation.

Uber MUST do something for Drivers NOW !

Or sit idly by , and prove themselves incapable of handling Real World situations in the business world.

We are watching.

We are waiting.

I have already stocked up on coffee to counteract coffee price increases due to crops being ruined. Hopefully i will have a home to store it in.
I cant store 1,000 gallons of gasoline.
Uber MUST raise Driver pay.
This man KNOWS petroleum issues...listen to him. ;)

Not to be rude. But are you high???!! If, gas goes up 5.00 it will not increase ridership. As gas prices, increase, PAX withhold their money, the economy goes into a downturn and EVERYTHING SLOWS DOWN.

It will be a revisit circa Bush era. I would like to be wrong. However, this scenario has played out before.

But if ridership increases, expect not regular rides, but ( POOL ). Psssk, has anyone done the Waze carpool?!

LMK!
Listen to this man, he KNOWS Uber stuffs. :cool:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

LMK!
If gas goes to 5 bucks a gallon, I wonder if ants will keep anting, may bring surge back. I also think more people will uber instead of drive their own car since it'll be the cheaper alternative, either way, drivers lose again.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts

LMK!
No, that's what I mean, pool. Uber wants so much to put MTA buses out of business with their price model, no?

·
Premium Member
2020 Ram Limited.
27,673 Posts

LMK!
I Love Love Disruption

·
Premium Member
2020 Ram Limited.
27,673 Posts
Not only is WAZE disrupting Uber's thang....MTA gonna do similar, too. Disrupting the disruption! LOL

ADD: Disruptors love disrupting, until they are DISRUPTED! :eek:
It's the Disruption Cycle of Life

A Game of Pocker would not be Fun with out the Shuffle

Not only is WAZE disrupting Uber's thang....MTA gonna do similar, too. Disrupting the disruption! LOL

ADD: Disruptors love disrupting, until they are DISRUPTED! :eek:
It's Like Slinging Poop it will eventually Splash you LoL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.