Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we getting any more money now that gas prices are going up? In other words, are our ride fairs reflective of the current gas price increases?? 30 more per gallon than two months ago?

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
A 10-20% jump in 2 months is just ridiculous. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even get the cheap stuff at under $3/gal anymore.

There may be some good news on the horizon however. Uber has been raising prices in some markets. In Tampa they raised prices, but the drivers got zilch. In Philly they raised prices and the drivers got a 10% bump in time and mileage pay. In Portland pax tell me that the $5 deal has been replaced with a $7.50 deal, so perhaps they are testing the waters here for a price increase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 10-20% jump in 2 months is just ridiculous. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even get the cheap stuff at under $3/gal anymore.

There may be some good news on the horizon however. Uber has been raising prices in some markets. In Tampa they raised prices, but the drivers got zilch. In Philly they raised prices and the drivers got a 10% bump in time and mileage pay. In Portland pax tell me that the $5 deal has been replaced with a $7.50 deal, so perhaps they are testing the waters here for a price increase.
And that's another good point. How the hell could Uber or Lyft justify taking a penny for gas price increases? The driver is the one paying for it!!!!

I will put my feedback in hoping others will too. They only seem to take action when a large majority of their drivers start to complain. Most drivers just take it up the bum. Sigh....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Uber and lift realize that gas prices continue to go up and they’re not paying us anymore!?! I had nearly 10 rides today that took me more than 10 minutes to get to the passenger just so they could go down the street and I received $3.75 for each ride. That’s BS!

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
When Lyft changed PDB requirements in October I changed my MO, now I don't go over 1.5 miles to pickup (unless I'm out in the boonies).

Now it seems even more of a reason to uphold my policy, lol.

As other drivers make similar adjustments, there will be even more pax that wait 20+ mins or don't get picked up at all. Shame on Lyft and Uber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As usual, your right on the money.... But does not excepting the ride affect us in any way?

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
We get nastygrams from U and L for a low acceptance rate and will be disqualified for the power driver bonus on L, but that's it.

Speculation that low AR means fewer rides, but I have not found that to be the case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know I certainly burned some fuel when I rolled the dice and drove from PDX airport to Troutdale only to find out the pax was headed to work just 1.9 miles away. Sure, it was nearly effortless at 5:15am, but still, bad form on Lyft’s part to send me 12 miles away to serve they trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts