Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
How much is gas costing you per mile? I used to spend 10-15% of my net on gas after a night out but that number is climbing fast.

Most XL cars average 16-17 MPG so @ $4 gallon that's .25 a mile.

Really not worth it anymore without surge
Especially if you get a 40-50 mile run to middle of nowhere at night. You deadmile that beast back and you'll be making 50-60 bucks for a 100 mile trip. I'm done with XL.

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
Especially if you get a 40-50 mile run to middle of nowhere at night. You deadmile that beast back and you'll be making 50-60 bucks for a 100 mile trip. I'm done with XL.
At least XL rate didnt go down, with SELECT 45+ with no traffic now is what the old 1.9x-2x used to pay...like barely double ur miles. Unless, they let me go local all the way n make the trip 3+ hrs i dont want it. :(

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Still rising. These oil company execs have no souls. They could have easily made gas $2/gal by increasing production but that would make them too likeable. The filthy rich are supposed to take advantage of the poor as much as possible. Thats how the world works.

Reactions: uber-xxx

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
My black car gets about 39 MPG on the freeway to Vegas with AC running and music blasting.

No, It is not a hybrid either.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still rising. These oil company execs have no souls. They could have easily made gas $2/gal by increasing production but that would make them too likeable. The filthy rich are supposed to take advantage of the poor as much as possible. Thats how the world works.
There is an over abundance of oil in the world.

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
How much is gas costing you per mile? I used to spend 10-15% of my net on gas after a night out but that number is climbing fast.

Most XL cars average 16-17 MPG so @ $4 gallon that's .25 a mile.

Really not worth it anymore without surge
I stopped driving some time ago because when I started doing this originally i sat down and figured out the real real cost to drive my car per mile.

I used 200k as the expected life to start and divided to real cost of the car for those 200K miles which includes all of the following.

1.cost of vehicle. Not sticker but real cost of the vehicle that you pay with intrest over the loaned amount.
2. Insurance cost per mile.
3.gas price per mile
4. Tires cost per mile.
5. maintanance cost per mile, oil, brakes, transmission, cost per mile.
6. Car washes cost per mile
7.etc.

Only after you have figured out every penny can you determine if your making money after your milage deduction.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
What sucks is every f---n time Crude drops, CA finds a way to tax gas more. Prices now are about the same as they were in Oct. 2018, when Crude was $12 higher at $76.30. I'd be surprised to see Oil keep climbing. My guess is $65-$66 and it tops.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
What sucks is every f---n time Crude drops, CA finds a way to tax gas more. Prices now are about the same as they were in Oct. 2018, when Crude was $12 higher at $76.30. I'd be surprised to see Oil keep climbing. My guess is $65-$66 and it tops.
Weird huh? Kind of like how every oil refinery in the state of CA makes more profits in years that they have a big fire. Profits calculated after they pay off the price of putting out the fire, cleaning up after the fire, and rebuilding whatever got burned down.

Name one other business you could start where you would make more money if you set it on fire than if you ran it responsibly.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Love the Petro Logic.

When I screw up, I pay for it.

When Oil Companies screw, uo yup, I also pay for it.

So so confused... :(

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not the oil supply.... it's the ethanol supply that's supposedly low. Yet the e85 price hasn't spiked?
They are blaming it in refinery problems, supposedly there are two in our area that are partially shut down.

It's all BS, oil and fuel should have some sort of regulation

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.