Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the chevron on Ingram and garnet right.. that's cash price and the cheapest station west of the 5.

The new gas tax is .12 per gallon and gets into effect nov 1st.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw that on my way to work today, ouch.

They have a ton of EV options now, check them out if you're in the market for a new car. It helps a lot since your cost per mile drops significantly.

They showed pics of the new Leaf with 150 mile range, not bad at all. Chevy Bolt would be pretty awesome for uber too. Even plug in hybrids make a big difference...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The volt was designed to get to work, the grocery store and them home. It's is in no way a good vehicle for rideshare. The components of the vehicle were never designed to carry around the weight of 4-5 adults on a daily basis.

If the Lexus 300eh wasn't a camary with a Lexus badge I may have bought it as it's a select class vehicle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The volt was designed to get to work, the grocery store and them home. It's is in no way a good vehicle for rideshare. The components of the vehicle were never designed to carry around the weight of 4-5 adults on a daily basis.

If the Lexus 300eh wasn't a camary with a Lexus badge I may have bought it as it's a select class vehicle.
Chevy Volt is a nice car, but I was actually referring the Chevy Bolt (100% electric with 200+ mile range). Uber had an EV user group that they hosted at the local greenhub not that long ago, there were several Bolt drivers that gave VERY positive comments on the car/experience. I haven't heard anything on the cars not being designed for 4-5 adults on a daily basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.