Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
There actually is a refinery problem. The country's largest refinery in Whiting, Indiana, is running at half capacity.

It sucks, but it happens.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There actually is a refinery problem. The country's largest refinery in Whiting, Indiana, is running at half capacity.

It sucks, but it happens.
In a prior business I was in for 20 years we were allowed to tack on a Fuel Surcharge when these things just "happen".

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We get those out here all the time since we have a "special California blend."
This is usually the time of year the fuel prices decrease here. They did make mention of the prices going back down in a few months when the "Winter blend" kicks in. I usually drive to Nebraska from Chicago for the cheaper "Omaha blend".

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
This same refinery is often the cause of Chicago gas price spikes. For an extended period of time we had higher gas prices while it was upgraded to use Canadian oil. It seemed like gas prices where increasing every 10 minutes today.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This same refinery is often the cause of Chicago gas price spikes. For an extended period of time we had higher gas prices while it was upgraded to use Canadian oil. It seemed like gas prices where increasing every 10 minutes today.
They always said "the prices are adjusted based on the next shipment coming in". I saw the prices change on a station sign on the Chicago/Evanston border increase 4 times in one day back in 2008. Yes, FOUR times and I saw no tankers in their lot.

Gas stations also claim they make no profit on the fuel, just the lottery tickets, condoms and bubble gum they sell.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luckily Uber has your back and will be raising rates $.15 a mile to cover the sudden increase expense.
Or maybe they'll push that button and add a tip function to the app. I can't speak highly of Lyft but I do remember the daily tips pretty much covered my gas expense.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have the option to drive PLUS, XL, etc.... and not drive X, now's the time!!!!
Only drive X when you're desperate for $ or gas prices improve!
Or UberX 2.0x+ surge only. The women drivers Uber recruited left/right were all over the streets of Chicago last night. I actually saw one wearing a coat and tie standing outside her car to greet the passengers. She was across the street from a Wrigleyville ***** bar. Almost thought it was Abe Lincoln himself sans the beard.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Or UberX 2.0x+ surge only. The women drivers Uber recruited left/right were all over the streets of Chicago last night. I actually saw one wearing a coat and tie standing outside her car to greet the passengers. She was across the street from a Wrigleyville ***** bar. Almost thought it was Abe Lincoln himself sans the beard.
EDUCATE, EDUCATE, EDUCATE!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts