Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Anybody use GasBuddy here?

I have a QT within walking distance of my home and for years just got gas there. No questions, automatic. I started looking at GasBuddy when gas went way up and found I could drive a 1/4 mile away and save $.06-.10 per gallon. Woah...

I would have never thought gas prices varied that much from retailer to retailer. It pays to check it out.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Get the BP rewards card.... It's free and the rewards rack up. Last fill up had a .32 cent discount, so I gassed up at $2.06 a gallon.:cool:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard about the refinery issue on the news. But .80 cents in 48 hours?! There's a politician who wants to open up a case with the Michigan AG to check for price gouging

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
yeah heard about too. But dont think it will affect the east coast. Our prices will continue to drop

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
There's a politician who wants to open up a case with the Michigan AG to check for price gouging
Yes, the political grandstanding about high gas prices always makes for good TV, but nothing ever comes out of it.

If anything, the government needs to get out of the damned way*. It's their intervention that contributes most to high prices.

(*Yes, they can provide basic protections, but stay out of the economic side.)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
yeah heard about too. But dont think it will affect the east coast. Our prices will continue to drop
Well, the Midwest will have to make up for the shortfall somehow, so other regions will take some pretty large profits to send gas our way. I think parts of the east are pretty isolated in terms of pipelines, so perhaps the Midwest will draw gas from the south instead. That will cause prices there to increase a bit as a larger area engages in the bidding war for product.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Well, the Midwest will have to make up for the shortfall somehow, so other regions will take some pretty large profits to send gas our way. I think parts of the east are pretty isolated in terms of pipelines, so perhaps the Midwest will draw gas from the south instead. That will cause prices there to increase a bit as a larger area engages in the bidding war for product.
i heard it was some unexpected repair in some refinery
price per barrel is at an all time low
experts predict price will go to $2 or slighty below that a gallon in coming months (for east coast at least)

·
Registered
88 Posts
They cant just ship gas from one part of the country to the other to make up for shortfalls. There are so many different blends of gas (additives) that each state and even different parst of the same state require. Couple this with the fact that there are less refineries in the us than there were 30 years ago and if the refinery that makes your required blend goes down you are SOL. Refineries cant just switch to another blend because that takes time (weeks/months) if the fed government would just make it easier to open a few new refineries and stop this different blend nonsense and require1 or 2 different blends for hot/ cold climate states then this nonsense with price gouging would be so easy to get away with. If bp refinery goes doen like now in indiana then valero in new jersey could pick up the slack instead of bp raising prices to keep their profits up knowing noone else can produce their specific blend.

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts
Anybody use GasBuddy here?

I have a QT within walking distance of my home and for years just got gas there. No questions, automatic. I started looking at GasBuddy when gas went way up and found I could drive a 1/4 mile away and save $.06-.10 per gallon. Woah...

I would have never thought gas prices varied that much from retailer to retailer. It pays to check it out.
I recently started using a similar app (Gas Guru) same thing, price difference of 60 cents, just blocks from each other.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
They cant just ship gas from one part of the country to the other to make up for shortfalls. There are so many different blends of gas (additives) that each state and even different parst of the same state require.
That is an issue that creates shortages (thanks, government), but not everybody uses the special summer blends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts