Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
He was a smart driver, to tell them he was going to call the police. He should of explained that they were being charged for the time and mileage they took and that he was ending the trip there, and if they had any issues they could call Uber. Had they continued to refuse to leave I would kept up with the threat to call the police, and if he refused to get out and told me to keep driving I would of driven to the nearest police station or first cop car I saw. I will admit it would be scary to have more than 2 guys like that in my vehicle. You would feel powerless and scared, he was smart to just get out of the car.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These guys don't care. They deal drugs and are quick to pull a trigger. This driver is lucky he didn't get shot or beat up for refusing to drive these guys. Best thing to do is pull over in a public area tell them to get out and if they don't leave the car and threaten to call police.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Scary to view this, never mind drive these creeps. Can you imagine a female driver encountering this?

I wonder what their rating was. Maybe a first-time user for one of them, so perhaps he had a five-star rating.

With Lyft, if the driver gives s bad rating, they automatically won't be paired again? But on Uber, he could still get matched with the same pax unless they've been de-activated?

From what I understand, Lyft drivers wouldn't often encounter such pax vs. a likelier chance if an Uber driver?

I'm surprised his friends waiting outside the car didn't vandalize the car while he distracted the driver. He's lucky they didn't punch him in the glasses.

When did this happen, and where in Boston? Not sure how to access these specific videos, and if they're actually dated for the viewer to see.

·
Banned
612 Posts
its was just weed. I think one time I took some people to get crack but I wasn't sure. So I didn't say anything, better than taking my cousins, they didn't even give me gas money.

I guess his account got cancelled. that's dumb five dude got to ride just to get a twenty sack ???

·
Registered
952 Posts
is this a hidden camera? what kind of camera?

this is common in areas i drive in. just finish the ride and move on. most likely never see them again. by forcing them out, you risk retaliation. he is lucky they didn't beat him

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I hate to stereotype but it seems like all middle-eastern men have short tempers and terrible people skills. Maybe that's why the middle east has been at war forever. When they run out of the right words they pick up a machine gun.

90 % percent of these videos I watch where a driver gets tuned up, the situation could have been handled much better by the driver. If you find yourself driving on tilt please stop driving. One of these situations may include you next.

What would I have done? I would have ignored what I just saw or at most said "that's not cool bro" and then drive them to their destination as fast as possible and make a note to myself to never to pick up in that neighborhood again.

My first and foremost responsibility at that point is to not get hurt. Confronting a car full of gang bangers and drug dealers is never a good idea. This guy is very lucky he didn't get roughed up or worse.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
1 of my rules... Never pick up more than 2 big dudes...
I guess these types, especially when in groups, know that few cab drivers will stop for them if they're flagging a cab in Egleston, Forest Hills, Ashmont, Bowdoin/Geneva, Blue Hill Ave., etc. -- especially at night.

But they're thinking "God Bless Uber'"...Greatest invention since fill in your cliche.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate to stereotype but it seems like all middle-eastern men have short tempers and terrible people skills. Maybe that's why the middle east has been at war forever. When they run out of the right words they pick up a machine gun.

90 % percent of these videos I watch where a driver gets tuned up, the situation could have been handled much better by the driver. If you find yourself driving on tilt please stop driving. One of these situations may include you next.

What would I have done? I would have ignored what I just saw or at most said "that's not cool bro" and then drive them to their destination as fast as possible and make a note to myself to never to pick up in that neighborhood again.

My first and foremost responsibility at that point is to not get hurt. Confronting a car full of gang bangers and drug dealers is never a good idea. This guy is very lucky he didn't get roughed up or worse.
The driver is hispanic dumbass.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scary to view this, never mind drive these creeps. Can you imagine a female driver encountering this?

I wonder what their rating was. Maybe a first-time user for one of them, so perhaps he had a five-star rating.

With Lyft, if the driver gives s bad rating, they automatically won't be paired again? But on Uber, he could still get matched with the same pax unless they've been de-activated?

From what I understand, Lyft drivers wouldn't often encounter such pax vs. a likelier chance if an Uber driver?

I'm surprised his friends waiting outside the car didn't vandalize the car while he distracted the driver. He's lucky they didn't punch him in the glasses.

When did this happen, and where in Boston? Not sure how to access these specific videos, and if they're actually dated for the viewer to see.
Dorchester obviously.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I don't know...this don't seem so bad to me. You gotta figure this is going to happen late night. Was much worse in Boston back when the murder rate was always over 100 per year.

What you can do is come to a screeching halt in front of a police cruiser, police station, or fire station. Give them 2 seconds to decide what it's all worth. One of the problems with Uber is that there is no one to contact in case of a mayday. No radio to pick up or emergency lights to turn on. If a driver calls in a mayday and the people causing the problem start hearing cab numbers of guys close by then they quiet down in a heartbeat. Doesn't matter if the cabs were really close by, they think they are. And when you really need the help no one will get there faster. Always a good sight to see.

My experience is that whenever someone is going round trip in the city at night it's for drugs. I think I would have just driven these guys, minded my own business, and got the job over with. If the police showed up it's not likely I'd be charged with anything.

·
Registered
307 Posts
WOW!
Elitist much?
Who says they were "gang bangers"?

Yeah they picked up "kief" which for those that don't know is weed. Is it illegal yes. Should the driver have thrown them out, his prerogative.

I would not have been happy either but I wouldn't have thrown them out. More specific to how he handled it, he should have told the lone standout to take the funding issue up with uber and filed his own report.

What everyone has failed to mention:
He was committing a larger crime... He needed to notify them he was recording the sound in the car! Mass is a 2 party state, pretty sure it's a felony to not tell them. Weed is decriminalize in mass, just saying.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

I know on uber if you rate someone a 1 you'll never see them again. What's Lyfts magic number

1 - 18 of 18 Posts