Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Hmmm...I still haven't noticed any discussion regarding potential airport pickups by TNCs, or the need for commercial vehicles to pay $5.25 when leaving East Boston thru either tunnel. Meanwhile, TNCs still get away with paying the regular rate of $3.50, I think.

The article mentioned one TNC insurance proposal would have much, much better coverage than Boston taxis. That's not saying much, as Boston cabs have very minimal coverage vs. other major U.S. cities. But it's a start. Maybe cabs should be mandated to up their minimal coverage, which I've never seen addressed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I was at the hearing from 11am until 7pm (it was still going but the committee seemed to be losing interest as at that point the issues being brought up were getting redundant) and the issue of MassPort was brought up a few times. Uber General Manager for East Coast said they were willing to charge riders the fee just like they do the tolls, but the difficulty is in the on/off nature of ridesharing. In other words, not wanting drivers to have to pay the commercial fee when they are not "working". She also expressed difficulty in getting MassPort to agree to supply them 10,000 transponders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts