Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, Sept. 26th, 2015

Just discovered Kanye West is playing tonight at the Hollywood Bowl located at the northern tip of Highland Blvd next to the 101 Freeway. If I were driving tonight I would avoid the Highland exit from the 101, and the Cahuenga pass headed into Hollywood. Any routs that take you through that area at certain times tonight will add 30+ extra minutes to your trip. Alternatively, whether going into Hollywood or trying to escape it to the 101, I would use the Gower or Vine exit from the 101 to get into Hollywood, and the Argyle / Franklin entrance to the 101 to get out. All these passageways are south of the Highland exit / entrance.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
I dropped there last night as well...nice Lyft fare from Santa Monica. The 4 pax were bummed when one of them read that K-West was a 'lease event' on their phones, so they had to chug their few beers and one of their bottles of Korbel champagne when they got out early on a side street to walk the couple of short blocks, rather than wait the 20 minutes of traffic that would have been. WAZE saved us probably a 1/2 hour with a Hollywood Hills excursion route. As far as picking up - I would stay far away from that mess, unless pax has walked out a bit. It can take 20-40 minutes just to go the last 1/2 mile.

@ OP - And to add harm to injury...there was an accident around Western on the 101 just after 11pm - the Southbound 101 from Highland was a PARKING LOT! I wasn't on it thankfully...I had a fare from K-Town into Hollywood and drove by it on WAZE : )

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know this idiot was doing a concert here. I was out nearby Hollywood yesterday but didn't get a single ping from there. Hopefully it'll be like that tonight.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts