Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Screenshot_2015-08-22-14-39-43.png
You can't access Lyft drop off spot unless you lap the park. I tried getting in turning left on mlk from normandie, just to find a no turn sign in front of the lot :mad: no where on Lyft map does it say how the correct route to get there is. Had to do a u turn at the main gate. Tons of drivers waiting to do the same. Its ****ing ******ed

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F Y F
f Y F
FyF
Sorry to hear about your troubles
Same dumb shit like dodger stadium
Taylor Swift concert? What are you 12??
Lol not a fan, but she's has 5 sold out shows at staples started onnfriday...Heart is playing at the hollywood bowl...fyf fest. Its going to get crazy out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've already made three drops there and it's a complete cluster ****. Even taking a 1.5x from silverlake isn't worth the headache

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Surges in traffic is a joke until Screwber raises minute charges to .50 cents. What good is a surge if you're not moving. I drop em a 1/2 mile away and tell them walking is faster, healthier and saves fossil fuels. Then I make a turn and get out of dodge.

I never drive in traffic when given the option, I steer clear of traffic at all costs, 25 miles in bumper to bumper takes 90 minutes and your gross is $35...SUCKS

·
Registered
612 Posts
Idk how your guys' people skills are, but I would recommend calling pax and having them come out to you. Unless you HAVE to be in the lot in order to get a ping. If they won't walk to you, then they're not worth getting stuck in traffic for. At least that was my mindset when I would do events. Also, it seemed like concerts, FYF, etc were not as much of a headache last year when drivers had to figure this shit out on their own. Now that Uber/Lyft try to manage pickups/dropoffs it seems like it's more of a hassle than before!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I drop someone over there, it won't surge in downtown until later on tonight...way too many cars over there

·
Registered
632 Posts
I got lucky tonight. Started with a request in LBC at regular rate, but pax dropped the pin 2 miles away. Told her to cancel and get a Lyft closer to her. I ended up getting the same pax request, but was now at 50% PT and 25 miles to LA. Got another ping, which happened to be at FYF for 15 mile ride at 200% PT. Smart pax who immediately called me to let me know they're a block away from all the traffic. Ended the night with a 2 mile and 5 mile ride at 150% PT.
Would not have driven to FYF and would have missed out on the ~$160 for a bit more than an hour of driving if it weren't for that first pax.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It was good to me too, 3.4x to noho dead mile it back to dtla for another one 2.7x to Venice netted $300 tonight

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think the lesson to be learned here is don't go through the ride share pickup lot. I read on here that Hard Fest was a disaster with Uber drivers waiting up to 2 hours in the lot (to add insult to injury, no surge on the 2nd night). I managed to pickup a pax in the residentials immediately. The pax I picked up at FYF tonight said their friends were waiting 3 hours for a Lyft ride at the pickup zone. I was in and out of there in a minute.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I lost a few 5x requests because they closed off exposition right before I could make a left turn. PAX's blowing up my phone asking why it's taking more than 10 mins, and FOR ME to cancel so they wouldn't get charged.

-HA!! No dam way, I was already stuck in traffic cause of them. They got charged anyway cause it had been past the wait time limit.

Pulled into a side street heading away from the thick of it towards the smart riders putting in a bit of effort by walking a few blocks away.

Logged back in, PING!! Immediately after accepting a 3.7 it said "you have arrived, rider has been notified". I laughed cause it was so awesome, they were standing next to my car already.. and the other two pool PAX's were literary across the street.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
View attachment 12146 You can't access Lyft drop off spot unless you lap the park. I tried getting in turning left on mlk from normandie, just to find a no turn sign in front of the lot :mad: no where on Lyft map does it say how the correct route to get there is. Had to do a u turn at the main gate. Tons of drivers waiting to do the same. Its ****ing ******ed
Uber drivers were making sick money bro why were u fking with lyft bro

·
Registered
632 Posts
Another solid night... was debating if it'd be worth the drive, but didn't want to dead mile it to LA from LBC. Decided to turn on Uber and give rides at non-surge, hoping someone would go to LA. Sure enough, the first pax I accepted needed a ride to LAX. Next ride, turned on Lyft destination filter and got a ride towards FYF. Waited for surge to rise and bit when it hit 3.6x. Pax happened to be 50 feet away from me in the parking lot. Could not have worked more smoothly for me tonight. Hope you all did well out there too.
Uber really needs to add a destination filter too. I would more happily do rides at regular rates.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts