Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for tonight, Sept 29th:

School has started back this week, and that means Furman students need UBER, and even though Furman has a bus that goes to downtown, it is not timely or reliable.

This means that more students will be using UBER tonight.

There are at least 5 bars downtown having specials for Furman students. Last night I had pretty consistent success from 11p-2a but more than one rider said that I was the closest driver at 11 mins away (I was pinged from downtown at one point for pickup in Furman).

Students expect this will be one of the biggest nights for partying downtown all semester.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Made the most money I've ever made in Greenville last night. I had 5 trips to/from campus averaging $20 per ride and a few rides around town. Most rides Greenville to Furman came from the bar on Court St (across from the Westin-Poinsett) and most rides from Furman to Greenville were from the apartments lettered A-I on campus (first exit on the roundabout).

Furman isn't really a football school, but the amount of fares will be down a little bit next week, but they don't have school on Labor day, so they will be going out on Sunday night as well next week.

Good rule of thumb - do not play "Where is Waldo" with people, especially with drunk college students. Instead, park then notify them that you have arrived, turn on your flashers to give them some indication of where you might be, and start your 5 minute countdown, if they don't get in the car then cancel and collect your $5 cancellation fee. Otherwise your rating might drop for no other reason than the rider being ticked that they couldn't find you (happened to me last night).

Stay safe and happy driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts