Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
i always stock up on fuel on tuesday from the caltex that next door from me. Usually just 80 liters worth but been thinking about a barrel worth except the only problem with that is i don't drive enough hours most weeks so 80 liters in reserve is usually all i need plus tank by the time it swings around to the weekend when it cheaper again.

Not a "huge saving" probably around twenty bucks a week but it easy twenty and i'm a sucker for easy money;.

I got a siphon kit so i could pick up a drum free and chuck more fuel in it. Thing is i don't want so much fuel on my property that it going to be fire hazard or risk.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Out of interest does anyone use/recommend a fuel additive that boosts ur mileage and or cleans the injectors.?
yeah i use injector cleanings. get blockage from deposit overtime from the fuel.

fuel additives are a scam they are just injector cleaners watered down. Only way they increase fuel mileage is to keep everything clean.

Which you can do yourself with some injector cleaner off the shelf. I think i use valvoline and it a dual pack and use both over course of five tanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Out of interest does anyone use/recommend a fuel additive that boosts ur mileage and or cleans the injectors.?
Ever considered boosting your engine with water ???

I'm not able to put a link in here, if you go to Ebay, type in search for "Hydrogen on Demand"
and read the blurb on the building parts, there is a link for a free eBook how to build it.
The only free eBook on this 100+ year old technology and it works.

I used to have them in my previous car and just converted my Uber car to keep the expenses down.
if you're a bid of a handy man, easy to manufacture and maintain, saving fuel helps with the current fuel prices.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Im waiting for the day..
When part timer..
Stop doing Uber..
Because gas price is damm too high..
That day..
I will be so busy that high gas price..
Doesnt matter anymore.
Best of luck to you on that logic.
Part timers are there for a reason. They either have another job or don't really need to work.
Full timers, sadly, need to work and will suffer further in the current environment of high fuel prices.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Apparently that Bloke has no idea what this technology is all about.
Where does he get the idea from putting a 1.6Kw Electrolyser under the bonnet???
when this system is using 2Amps. 2 Amps x 12V = 24W.

The only thing he is right, 75% of energy is wasted in Heat - out of the exhaust.
What about using 24W of energy(equivalent to an old style brake light), producing the most powerful fuel available,
and let it through the air intake into the combustion chamber to get a near 100% burning of the fuel. And yes 75% less pollution.

Mr. "Know Everything" never tried it the practical way.

This technology is over 100 years old, powered engines before Petrol and Diesel was invented.
Sadly shut down by the oil companies as their greed found out they can make xillions with polluting the earth.
Lots of people where killed in the past working on that system, the last was Stanley Meyer in 95 (on top of my head, Google will know).
Joe in Australia with his Joe-Cell was forced to shut up shop or else...

I did a lot of research in this field before I installed it under my bonnet and surprise, surprise, it worked.
At the time I had a Land Cruised and installed 1 Electrolyser, got a 15% fuel saving, not bad for a large engine.
Expanded to having 6 units under the bonnet with a 50% fuel saving and the only thing to top up is
bugger all water with a tiny amount of bicarb soda, available in most kitchen at home.
Even with 6 Units - 6 x 2Amps = 12Amps x 12V = 144Watts and still having 50% fuel saving would surprise "Mr. Know Everything".
Using a small amount of energy to produce a powerful energy is the key. I'm not able to know how much that energy is
converted to Kw, HP or what ever, but 50% fuel saving is the prove in the pudding for me.

2 things are dangerous with Hydrogen - Filling up and storage under pressure.
Why do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger never opened up the Hydrogen fuel stations in California, he promised publicly?
Anyone seen the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car"?
BMW has 1 Hydrogen Car produced, cost 1 Million and the only fuel station available is at the Airport in Munich. Well done?
HOD - Hydrogen on Demand, like it's name, is getting produced with 2 Amps and used straight away. No pressure.

One thing that does not work with this technology is running your car on 100% water as some Dudes are claiming and selling eBooks.
It completes the burning and with minimal heat pollution there is a fuel saving (and 75% less pollution in terms of saving the planet).

Probably need to get the Californian Uber drivers involved as this technology is more widely spread over there.

@ Immoralized, I think before you upload a YouTube video from an idiot, think twice or RTFM/eBook. ;)
Sometimes research is more than believing a wanna be Scientist, payed by the "Big Boys" to upload a video with nothing proved,
proverbial BS all over the place, except what theoretically could happen. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Best of luck to you on that logic.
Part timers are there for a reason. They either have another job or don't really need to work.
Full timers, sadly, need to work and will suffer further in the current environment of high fuel prices.
Yeah i come across so many that say to me "oh your a full time Uber driver" then comes nxt from them and i could say it for them."yeah i was doing in part time, until i relized i was getting ripped off unless i do 30hrs part time"
Part timers don't make money doing Uber

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
The only thing he is right, 75% of energy is wasted in Heat - out of the exhaust.
What about using 24W of energy(equivalent to an old style brake light), producing the most powerful fuel available,
and let it through the air intake into the combustion chamber to get a near 100% burning of the fuel. And yes 75% less pollution.
You know what a turbo does right? Extracts some of the energy in hot exhaust and uses it to increase engine power and efficiency. It takes a lot more power than 24W to split a meaningful amount of water (which is a product of hydrogen combustion) into hydrogen and oxygen. At best it's a zero sum game because the amount of energy produced by hydrogen combusting is exactly the same amount of energy that it takes to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. In reality chemical processes are never 100% efficient, so splitting water and reburning the resultant hydrogen must result in a net loss of power and efficiency.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Apparently that Bloke has no idea what this technology is all about.
Where does he get the idea from putting a 1.6Kw Electrolyser under the bonnet???
when this system is using 2Amps. 2 Amps x 12V = 24W.

Mr. "Know Everything" never tried it the practical way.

This technology is over 100 years old, powered engines before Petrol and Diesel was invented.
Sadly shut down by the oil companies as their greed found out they can make xillions with polluting the earth.
Lots of people where killed in the past working on that system, the last was Stanley Meyer in 95 (on top of my head, Google will know).
Joe in Australia with his Joe-Cell was forced to shut up shop or else...

I did a lot of research in this field before I installed it under my bonnet and surprise, surprise, it worked.
At the time I had a Land Cruised and installed 1 Electrolyser, got a 15% fuel saving, not bad for a large engine.
Expanded to having 6 units under the bonnet with a 50% fuel saving and the only thing to top up is
bugger all water with a tiny amount of bicarb soda, available in most kitchen at home.
Even with 6 Units - 6 x 2Amps = 12Amps x 12V = 144Watts and still having 50% fuel saving would surprise "Mr. Know Everything".
Using a small amount of energy to produce a powerful energy is the key. I'm not able to know how much that energy is
converted to Kw, HP or what ever, but 50% fuel saving is the prove in the pudding for me.

2 things are dangerous with Hydrogen - Filling up and storage under pressure.
Why do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger never opened up the Hydrogen fuel stations in California, he promised publicly?
Anyone seen the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car"?
BMW has 1 Hydrogen Car produced, cost 1 Million and the only fuel station available is at the Airport in Munich. Well done?
HOD - Hydrogen on Demand, like it's name, is getting produced with 2 Amps and used straight away. No pressure.

One thing that does not work with this technology is running your car on 100% water as some Dudes are claiming and selling eBooks.
It completes the burning and with minimal heat pollution there is a fuel saving (and 75% less pollution in terms of saving the planet).

Probably need to get the Californian Uber drivers involved as this technology is more widely spread over there.

@ Immoralized, I think before you upload a YouTube video from an idiot, think twice or RTFM/eBook. ;)
Sometimes research is more than believing a wanna be Scientist, payed by the "Big Boys" to upload a video with nothing proved,
proverbial BS all over the place, except what theoretically could happen. :eek:
As Scotty would say "ye canna change the laws of physics capt'n"
Energy can neither be created or destroyed.........one of the first things I learned in science class.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Turbo charger is about the only thing that will make the car engine more efficient as pointed out by UberDriverAU
Yep, and that's only because it's making use of energy that otherwise does go to waste. It's not creating something out of nothing.

It will be interesting to see how much of recent F1 tech trickles down into production cars. They've been capturing energy from turbos to charge an onboard battery, as well as the standard charging under braking. Thermal efficiencies of up to 50% is quite an achievement for an internal combustion engine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.