Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,809 Posts
Fraud appears to be increasingly common. Uber takes your money to pay the fraudulent transaction, so they have no incentive to make it right for you.

Interesting thing Uber told me, they couldn't credit my account prior to dispute disposition because my pin number was used. I HAVE NEVER USED THE PIN AT ANY PUMP, so unless he was lying (wouldn't surprise me), the data breach is on their end.

· Registered
4,809 Posts
Yeah, I got hit for $158 when they hadn't taken $90 in previous (legitimate) charges yet.
That's the irony. I have not used my card for more than a month. Because I have not driven 100 trips. It got reactivated Monday May 22. I used it Wednesday May 24 for $49.43. A few hours later someone charged $150. It's kind of suspicious when the limit is $200 a week. Who buys $150 worth of gas at one time. Anyone can see that it's not normal. I told them to cancel my card and not give me another one.

Another note: I purchased gas at Chevron in Henderson at 4:59 pm. At 5:25 pm someone used it at Desert Inn and Pecos McCloud for the $150.

They told me the same thing. Did they ever credit you.
Nope. They're "working on it"

· Registered
4,809 Posts
More than likely a skimmer was on that pump. Someone got my Visa at circle k on Durango/Blue Diamond turns out hundreds of people did, it was on news
For many years, I have inspected card swipes for skimmers. It is a habit I never fail to follow. This wasn't skimmed at the pump. Or they have new skimmers that are entirely undetectable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.