Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Folks, there's a much simpler way to calculate Uber's take. 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

LOOK AT YOUR MONTHLY TAX SUMMARY!

To calculate the take rate, you take Expenses, Fees, and Tax and divide that number by Your Gross Payment.

Expenses, Fees, and Tax ÷ your gross pay = Uber's take or commission

Example: $4000 ÷ $12000 = 0.333 or 33.3%

Sorry, corrected.

Product Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,785 Posts
Folks, there's a much simpler way to calculate Uber's take. 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

LOOK AT YOUR MONTHLY TAX SUMMARY!

To calculate the take rate, you take the Uber service fee/other adjustments and divide that number by Your Gross Payment.

Uber service fee/other adjustments is on page 2 under Expenses, Fees, and Tax.

Uber service fee/other adjustments ÷ your gross pay = Uber's take or commission

Example: $4000 ÷ $12000 = 0.333 or 33.3%
No one wants to do that because that'll show a "less favorable" number after Uber's losing rides, promos quests etc. People would rather cherry pick the biggest take rides and sensationalize it and play victim

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
No one wants to do that because that'll show a "less favorable" number after Uber's losing rides, promos quests etc. People would rather cherry pick the biggest take rides and sensationalize it and play victim
You've brought up a good point that promos reduce Uber's take but I still think Uber is taking more than before .
How much more is up for debate.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,785 Posts
Of course they're taking more. But the numbers don't matter besides the amount of whining, they will keep driving anyways

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,785 Posts
I suspect that Lyft is aware that a large percentage of their Lyft-only drivers are Uber deactivatees/rejects.

Maybe at one point Lyft considered themselves a real contender in the rideshare market but I think by now they must have certainly come to the realization they have no chance and are content with taking the leftovers

Every driver that I've chatted with at the Lyft rental locations are Uber rejects for one reason or another, and cannot drive for Uber. There was not a single person that I've come across who voluntarily chose Lyft over Uber. Some will initially try to say some BS like "ohhh I don't like how Uber does xyz" but digging into it a little bit further reveals that they have been deactivated by Uber and do not have the option of driving for Uber

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Of course they're taking more. But the numbers don't matter besides the amount of whining, they will keep driving anyways
The amount that U/L are taking or charging the pax is completely irrelevant.
The only thing that should matter to drivers is what are you making on the trip.
Part of the reason for the low pay given to drivers was the fare wars that U/L were in.
Every time the fares were cut the driver pay was cut as well.

This is like the McDonalds EE whining about customers paying $5 for a Big Mac and they only get $1

1 - 20 of 98 Posts