Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
My driving times are from 12am-4am. I hate driving during day cuz of the heat. Also I can't stand trafffic, like at all. I get really frustrated if I catch any traffic, so I avoid it just so I won't take it out on the pax. Also, so far all my nightly pax have been really chill. But I agree, I'm losing sleep, so uber, pay me more plz!!! :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
This is a shift I call my "Desperate" shift. If I didn't drive morning commute or evening commute. There's always graveyard / bar crowd. But I'm usually comfy by 11pm and don't want to move. :confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wasnt desperate at all. I just got off work. Figured i still get more money.. Money doesnt have the word desperate on it.. ???????

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like it better, I'm not desperate. I haven't driven when the suns up, so i dont know how the business is then. My car is nice, no smell, pax usually are chill. So far every group I've picked up has been nice, there's always someone sober. There are always the ladies who like to flirt and my rating has been steady at 4.86. But I imagine this dream will eventually turn into a nightmare, but until then, no sun for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like to start at 4a no AC use ..less stress on the car..i shut down at 10 or 11 start back at 7- til im done..

·
Registered
941 Posts
I prefer driving at night too. Less traffic , no sun, and most pax are happy to be out.

You got to learn which crowd is better suited for you, and work that area. I do pretty well in Hollywood, Silver Lake, Dtla, Venice.

I usually get most of my low ratings from yuppies that are late for work or people from BH area day/night. The cheap ass hats in BH expect you to open doors for a dollar a mile, and these ****ers never tip.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I work the bar scene every night in O.C. Mostly Huntington, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa and Laguna areas and I like it. 6 months and no puke inside the car, pax love getting a ride in my Kia Soul instead of some wind up eco box. I love music and people so that makes my night fun. Some of you just wanna hate hate hate on everything, so sad. I make more money working 9pm-3am,, less traffuc. If its a short ride, no aux cord for them. Its not dangerous at all for me even though you get to see some interesting stuff late night. Sure, you rating will drop and you have to wait longer for them to get into car, but its better than you jerks who are looking to cancel at 5 min, Jesus, our job is to provide rides to people, not to have them on a clock waiting to cancel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts