Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
26,263 Posts
I read the article about it on ya-HOO!. There is not enough information out there about it, yet, to try to figure out what actually happened. The driver stated that the customer assaulted him. Is Colorado a "stand your ground" state?

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Last year, Colorado regulators fined Uber $8.9 million for allowing 57 people with past criminal or motor vehicle offenses to drive for the company.

The governments position "We just let Uber do what it wants and then fine them accordingly later on."

That 8.9 million is a non deductible expense for Uber plus the expenses to pay the poor bastards at Uber HQ that have to go through the stacks and piles and piles of lawsuits and fines.

·
Registered
211 Posts
this is one of the reasons I almost never work at night...during the day/morning, I can see the pax/etc, at night all the wierdos/prostitutes, alcoholics, druggies, pimps, people who don't work and sleep all day/etc...."NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT"

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense but I find it weird how you can be 'assaulted' in front seat.
Then have enough space and time and effort to shoot someone 10 times.
All from front seat.
Just weird.
There's still a lot of unknowns, but why wake up early to grind, then kill someone, ruin the upholstery of ur car, then wreck ur car & ruin ur life... killing for fun or from being nuts is way simpler than that

I'm sure the Ffuber prodigy pax would regret his actions leading to it if he could

·
13,039 Posts
Let's hope this guy had a dash cam.
There's still a lot of unknowns, but why wake up early to grind, then kill someone, ruin the upholstery of ur car, then wreck ur car & ruin ur life... killing for fun or from being nuts is way simpler than that

I'm sure the Ffuber prodigy pax would regret his actions leading to it if he could
Just hope he had a dash cam for alibi.
Cuz any way you look at it, it's bad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Colorado does have castle doctrine aka stand your ground. I'm going to give the benefit of doubt to the driver considering he does not have a criminal record and his father states that he has a concealed handgun permit per this story:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-shot-in-a-crashed-car-and-arrest-the-driver/

With regards to firing 10 shots, that is not uncommon in close range encounters. The stress of someone being so close to you and in this case in confined quarters, most likely caused the driver to empty his magazine out of panic and an effort to fully stop the threat. There's only ever going to be one story, unless there's an eyeball witness or a dash cam, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

·
Premium Member
24,701 Posts
"The victim was described as an “Asian male” and found lying on the floorboard of the front passenger seat."

The Asian male's family will be getting quite a bit of hush money in the very near future.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Yeah, the struggle ensued while the car was in motion, causing the car to wreck...That leads me to believe the passenger started it. I also read one report that said shots were "exchanged." I really want to wait and find out the whole story , but I'm sure it's a lot different than most of the head lines are depicting "Uber driver shoots and kills passenger".....I am completely sure that IS NOT what happened.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts