Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, when driving my XL rig, I've been getting a lot of strange long distance Pool pings early in the morning rush hour. I've ignored most of them. I figured it was just an app glitch, but...

Yesterday, I picked up a Pool PAX...it was "prime time" AM rush hour, yet, I had to drive quite a ways to collect her. I mentioned that to her and she said that her company now pays for Uber via her "commute options" benefit. She said, they were informed that she might have to wait longer for a pick-up as Uber was limited to using XLs for this as there is some type of regulation requiring large 6+ passenger vehicles to qualify.

I collected two more PAX along the way...the payout was the same as a regular Pool.

Is there a "rub?"

Does Uber charge the company for an XL while paying the driver for a regular Pool? Are XL drivers made to drive further for pick ups to satisfy this commute option scheme?

Is the earth flat?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lately, when driving my XL rig, I've been getting a lot of strange long distance Pool pings early in the morning rush hour. I've ignored most of them. I figured it was just an app glitch, but...

Yesterday, I picked up a Pool PAX...it was "prime time" AM rush hour, yet, I had to drive quite a ways to collect her. I mentioned that to her and she said that her company now pays for Uber via her "commute options" benefit. She said, they were informed that she might have to wait longer for a pick-up as Uber was limited to using XLs for this as there is some type of regulation requiring large 6+ passenger vehicles to qualify.

I collected two more PAX along the way...the payout was the same as a regular Pool.

Is there a "rub?"

Does Uber charge the company for an XL while paying the driver for a regular Pool? Are XL drivers made to drive further for pick ups to satisfy this commute option scheme?

Is the earth flat?
Effers

·
Banned
2,619 Posts

Is there a "rub?"

Is the earth flat?
It could be true. Im pretty sure Uber plays dirty.
Devils machine

·
Registered
747 Posts

Is there a "rub?"

Is the earth flat?
Idk the answers, but i know Uber. And I'm guessing yes they pay you Pool. It requires an XL to fit more people. It's like a carpool service. They just forgot to ask if you were interested in offering it.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
i hate to defend uber but lets face it if you do a single uber x or pool you are already not getting xl prices so its no real difference. uber is already getting over on us.

but since you have to drive further, yea that bites but i also see an upside in that there is a potential for you to be able to crank out trip counts. i can imagin 15 trips in an hour or more.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hate to defend uber but lets face it if you do a single uber x or pool you are already not getting xl prices so its no real difference. uber is already getting over on us.

but since you have to drive further, yea that bites but i also see an upside in that there is a potential for you to be able to crank out trip counts. i can imagin 15 trips in an hour or more.
As far as I can tell, still can only pick up three PAX...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
There is a reason for this.
So employees can use pre taxed commuter benefits on forms of public transportation. Uberpool in general legally doesn't fall under that category. There is a loophole though. As long as a vehicle fan fit up to 6 people, then those commuter benefits can be used towards it.
They have been doing this in new York for months already.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a reason for this.
So employees can use pre taxed commuter benefits on forms of public transportation. Uberpool in general legally doesn't fall under that category. There is a loophole though. As long as a vehicle fan fit up to 6 people, then those commuter benefits can be used towards it.
They have been doing this in new York for months already.
Thanks for the clarification.

Yesterday was crazy in the PM rush hour (which I normally don't drive).

No more XL at rush hour for me.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Yesterday was crazy in the PM rush hour (which I normally don't drive).

No more XL at rush hour for me.
Good thing you can switch between xl and x. I believe soon that they will not let people have a separate uberX and XL account due to this. Once drivers realize wait times are much longer and try to opt out or have separate accounts.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Good thing you can switch between xl and x. I believe soon that they will not let people have a separate uberX and XL account due to this. Once drivers realize wait times are much longer and try to opt out or have separate accounts.
Not sure that I have that option.

I have another vehicle...a regular X. I've been keeping it out of the rain as it's fairly new.

The XL is getting worn down (135K miles)...but still my best all-around rig as I have a kid & a senior that I take care of. With this "commute option" BS, I'll mainly drive it late nights & weekends from now on.

·
Banned
1,939 Posts
Why is that funny. He's a real person who never did anything to you. Are you an Uber employee. You seem disgusting like one. Are most Uber drivers just dbags? This forum makes it seem that way.
It's funny because I never thought they were capable of going that low.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's funny because I never thought they were capable of going that low.
I thought your comment was funny.

That's the way I felt yesterday at 5:15pm ... screwed. I was at 18th & Castro and the Pool pings were from south of Market & Dogpatch.

...20 minutes away -- coming in one after another. I'd accept one & immediately cancel and another would follow.

·
Banned
1,939 Posts
I thought your comment was funny.

That's the way I felt yesterday at 5:15pm ... screwed. I was at 18th & Castro and the Pool pings were from south of Market & Dogpatch.

...20 minutes away -- coming in one after another. I'd accept one & immediately cancel and another would follow.
You need to turn on stop request right after the first, that will show them =)

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
In Seattle we see a "Commute" request that is a prepaid Pool ride. I drive XL and was able to be removed from "Commute" requests after several email requests. I kept telling them it must be some type of "technical glitch".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.