Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it finally happened...yours truly has been sidelined the last couple months while FUber (and their faithful friends at Checkr) has been facilitating my "background check" (or haven't been doing anything)....prompted by transferring my account from one market to another. My previous background check took like 3 days, so this is kinda a surprise.

FYI- my background is all around squeaky clean, no moving violations, parking tickets, accidents, etc.

During this two month wait..I've had the delight of calling Rohit's "background check department"at Uber, from where numerous "masters of the obvious" have enlightened yours truly that the said background check: 1) Should [in principal] ONLY take between 3 and 5 business days, 2) is done by Checkr, 3) and will of course now be "expedited".

Rohit generously invited me to call back after 5 business days, which I did only be to re-read points 1 through 3 from the same script.

Continuing to call Rohit seems an excercise in futility.

Does anyone have a number for Checkr? Does calling them even help?

·
12,329 Posts
When I tried calling them I could never get ahold of them. Every option I chose lead me to a voicemail that says you need to call Uber. I think there was one option where I did not get that message, only to be told to call back during normal business hours, which is exactly when that current call was happening

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only to be told to call back during normal business hours, which is exactly when that current call was happening
They meant...call back during normal business hours in Manilla, where the Checkr call center is based...

·
Premium Member
8,683 Posts
FYI- my background is all around squeaky clean, no moving violations, parking tickets, accidents, etc.
So is mine, but my background checks always clear within a day.
Me thinks you got some shit in your background that raised a flag. How 'bout you come clean and tell us what you did?

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Me thinks you got some shit in your background that raised a flag. How 'bout you come clean and tell us what you did?
Mine was submitted at like 8:30 on Friday night and was all clear on Saturday morning when i woke up to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
My background checks usually take only one day, but I took longer than a year to drive again last time. I had to upload all my documents, and the background check wasnt clearing in a few days. I had to call them like 3 times, and the last representative actually did something, and in a few days I was cleared. Usually they tell you to wait between 3 and 5 days for the check to clear. If it doesnt call them again. I had to do this 2 times.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They caught me "agreeing" with too many of Mr. Uber's Guber's posts on UP....

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uber hasn't even yet submitted my background check to Checkr....that would be the obligatory first step....I called Rohit, to point this out, and was told there are "technology problems"....perhaps these procedures are too technical for a technology company?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So it finally happened...yours truly has been sidelined the last couple months while FUber (and their faithful friends at Checkr) has been facilitating my "background check" (or haven't been doing anything)....prompted by transferring my account from one market to another. My previous background check took like 3 days, so this is kinda a surprise.

During this two month wait..I've had the delight of calling Rohit's "background check department"at Uber, from where numerous "masters of the obvious" have enlightened yours truly that the said background check: 1) Should [in principal] ONLY take between 3 and 5 business days, 2) is done by Checkr, 3) and will of course now be "expedited".

Rohit generously invited me to call back after 5 business days, which I did only be to re-read points 1 through 3 from the same script.

It happened to my friend in New Orleans. He had to wait about two weeks. Still too long without income.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
It took 4 months and 18 days for my annual background check to clear. It took 4 months and 16 days for Uber to request the background check.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It took 4 months and 18 days for my annual background check to clear. It took 4 months and 16 days for Uber to request the background check.
That’s too long. This my friend went to court himself to speed up the background check. He was lucky. The clerk was very friendly to help him. I think we all have to go to court. Don’t depend on Uber.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think this is what is happening with me...our friends at FUber seem confused about how to submit my background check to Checkr....any idea how to assist them to make that happen? Does going into GLH help?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts

Your mistake was "officially" transferring markets.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only way to treat these blues is with Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
I'll be sure to try that....in the meantime, I'm kinda thinking there is nothing I can necessarily "do" about FUber's inability to request my background check from Checkr in a timely manner....they figure out how to do that whenever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be sure to try that....in the meantime, I'm kinda thinking there is nothing I can necessarily "do" about FUber's inability to request my background check from Checkr in a timely manner....they figure out how to do that whenever.
Please go to your court and talk to them to look into your case and speed up your background check. It could take too long.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please go to your court and talk to them to look into your case and speed up your background check. It could take too long.
So I go to the county court and...ask a clerk to help speed up my Uber background check?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts